Actions

Work Header

Jared and Jensen Saves Christmas

Summary:

Jared is a disgruntled postal worker who hates Christmas, not just hates, he detests it with a passion. Jensen is an elf from the North Pole. Santa's right hand man. One day, Santa gets beaten up in the IGA parking lot for stealing Jared's parking spot after the disgruntled postal worker has a particularly hard day at work. Now, Jensen has to drop his toy making and list checking at the North Pole and meet Jared, convince him that they have to take Santa's place and deliver the toys on Christmas Eve all over the world or Christmas will be lost forever. The question is, will Jared do it, or will he turn his back on Christmas and all the needy children of the world? Since after all, it is Jared's fault that Christmas is about to be canceled.

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

The old lady scowled at Jared while clutching her package in her hands. “I have been waiting in this line for over twenty minutes.”

 

Flustered, Jared swipes his hand over his forehead, noting that he is sweating profusely and not in an attractive way. “I’m sorry maam but there is only me behind the desk, I will get to you as fast as I can.”

 

“Well hurry up.” The lady yelled, annoyance coloring her voice. “I’m late for a hair appointment.”

 

“Then this is the last place you should be if you have an appointment.” Jared retorted. His annoyance matching hers. He didn’t give a shit if she was a paying customer, she can wait in line like everybody else.

 

“What’s your name young man?” The lady barked, glaring daggers at Jared. “I’m going to report you to your boss.”

 

“Jared Padalecki.” Jared announced. Like he gave a shit what the impatient old bag said to his boss. “You’ll also have to step in line for that one as well because you’re not the only one who has complaints on me.”

 

With a loud huff, the lady turned around and walked away mumbling loudly about how she’ll have his job.

 

“And make sure you get my name right.” Jared called after her before turning his attention on the next customer.

 

“I’d like this to go to Nebraska… Oh and I’d like to buy a roll of Christmas Stamps.” Instructed the middle aged gentleman in an orange plaid suit which by all means was seriously outdated. The man must be color blind to be wearing a hideous outfit such as that. “Not a book… A roll.”

 

Jared shook his head.. “Sir, we don’t sell Christmas stamps in rolls, we only sell them in books.”

 

“I want a roll.” Demanded the customer, slamming his fist on the counter. “Not a book, a roll.”

 

Jared heaved an exasperated sigh. “Sir, I already told you we don’t sell them in rolls, only the regular ones.”

 

“Boy,” The customer was beginning to get irate. “You need to clean out your ears. I said a want a roll not a damn book; is it that so hard for you to figure out?”

 

Jared leaned over the counter, eyes blazing with fury. “Maybe you need to clean out YOUR fucking ears. I already told you that we do not sell Christmas stamps in rolls, only books. Now, is that too hard for YOU to figure out?”

 

The man jerked his head back as if he’d just been slapped. “I am a paying customer. YOU do not talk to me in that manner or I will take you outside and beat the shit out of you now get your ass back there and get me my fucking roll of Christmas Stamps.”

 

“And I’m an employee.” Jared’s voice becoming dangerously dark. “You don’t come in here threatening me like that. You need to leave.”

 

“I’m not going anywhere until you go and get me my stamps.” The man replied not realizing how close he is to landing his ass on the floor.

 

Jared steps out from behind the counter, walking up to the man, he had a good foot on him at best. “You need to leave…. Now.” His nostrils flaring and his fist clenched, ready to land this guy flat.

 

The man shuttered as he looked up at Jared’s tall frame looming over him. “I’m going but this isn’t over. I WILL HAVE YOUR JOB.”

 

As the man immediately backed away from an angry Jared, Jared turned and walked back behind the counter. “Next.” He called out.

 

The day continued to go shitty. Customers bitching impatiently like the man in front of him that chose to stand there and argue like a child was his fault.

 

Finally the time came to punch out. Jared couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there, go home and relax in front of the television or the computer, it didn’t matter as long as he gets as far away from Christmas he can. God how he hated Christmas, it turned customers into belligerent assholes.

 

First thing first, go to the store and pick up a few items for dinner, maybe something simple like a Hungry Man. Yeah, that sounds good. Perhaps the one with chicken legs.

 

He clicked on the radio and to his dismay, jingle bells filled the quiet of the car. “No thanks.” Huffed Jared to no one in particular as he smacked the off button of the radio.

 

As he was about to pull into a parking space at IGA, when a smooth red SUV with the words Jingle Bells in the side door pulled out in front of him stealing his parking space.

 

Slamming his hand on the horn, it was clear that Jared suffered from road rage if that weren’t enough of a dead give away.

 

The driver only ignored him, pulling neatly into that parking space.

 

As the driver got out, Jared poked his head out of the driver’s side of the window. “Hey, I was about to park in there, didn’t you see my turn signal?”

 

The elderly gentleman slowly turned around, His eyes had a child like twinkle in them, his fat rosy cheeks, the crinkles at the corners of his eyes even when he’s not smiling, His thick snow white shoulder length hair lay softly on his velvety red coat. His beard matching his hair precisely.

 

Long story short, the man looked exactly like your story book Santa Clause. It was uncanny.

 

“I’m sorry young man, I will only be but a minute.”

 

“I don’t have a minute.” Jared’s voice held barely contained rage but it still bled through. “I just want to get my dinner and leave so please move your car.”

 

“It’ll only take a minute.” The man repeated. Unabashed by the angry man’s words.

 

“Fine.” Jared gritted his teeth revving up his engine. “If he won’t move his vehicle, I’ll move it for him.”

 

Then Jared put the truck in drive pushing the SUV forward with his own, The back door began to buckle as Jared’s truck pushed against it. “Gonna move it now?”

 

The man stood in horror as he watched his SUV begin to fold.

 

Jared continued to push forward until the SUV crushed in on its self.

 

The elderly man walked over to Jared, his body vibrating with anger. “You had no right to touch my vehicle. That was very disrespectful young man.”

 

Jared stepped out of his car, looming over the elderly gentleman. “Oh really? So what I did was disrespectful and you stealing my parking spot wasn’t?”

 

“You are a very naughty little boy.”

 

The one thing you never call Jared is a little boy, that will put you at the end of his fist which is why the elderly gentleman found himself flat on the ground.

 

Jared was amazed how an old man with such a pot belly could spring to his feet so fast. “You are being very naugh…”

 

His words were cut off by another fist to the face. This time, Jared didn’t let the elderly gentlemen get to his feet, His rage taking over completely, he delivered punch after punch to this poor man’s face.

 

As soon as Jared had realized what he had done, he hurriedly slid back into his truck driving past the speed limit appetite completely forgotten.

Jared was sitting quietly in the dark watching TV trying to forget the incident in the IGA parking lot. Sure it was a dick move but the old man deserved it.

 

Suddenly a knock sounded at the door jerking him out of his reverie. He tried to ignore it but after a good fifteen minutes, it was obvious that the trespasser wasn’t going anywhere. That’s right, trespasser because he didn’t invite anyone to come knocking at his door and he didn’t want anyone on his property so trespasser was the right word for it.

 

Lifting himself up with a disgruntled huff, Jared made his way to the door and swung it open, making sure that is annoyance and frustration was apparent on his face. “What?”

 

The man dressed in a thin green shirt, matching Peter Pan looking tights and a pointed green hat standing before him was unabashed by the abrupt opening of the door and the rude greeting. He had prepared himself for it and since Jared chose to answer the door like that, might as well drop the formalities before they start. “Hi Roomy.”

 

When he got no response, he continued. “Saddle up cowboy because I’m bunking with you tonight.” Then the figure brushed his way passed Jared as if he had been invited in, placing his duffle bag on the couch, the figure paused. “No… Let me rephrase that… Til Christmas.”

 

“Woa, woa, woa.” Jared lunged forward. “I don’t know who you are and I don’t really care but I think you are mistaking me for someone else.”

 

The figure turned around to face Jared. “You are the one called Jared Padalecki, am I correct?”

 

“Yeah but…” Jared started, looking for any possible way to getting rid of this man who had just graduated from trespasser to intruder.

 

The figure turned around, unzipping his duffle back and taking out a pair of green pajamas. “Then I have the right address.”

 

“Who in the hell are you?” Asked Jared looming over this oddly dressed man.

 

The figure gave a slight chuckle of embarrassment before offering his hand. “I’m sorry. Where are my manners? Jensen… Jensen Ackles and I will be bunking with you until Christmas. So you want me on the couch or someplace else?”

 

“No where.” Jared huffed ready to lay this man flat just like he did with that Santa looking freak.

 

Jensen turned around to face Jared. “Look. What you did tonight was inconceivable.”

 

Jared blinked in disbelief not comprehending what Jensen meant by that so he decided to play stupid. “I don’t know what you mean.”

 

“Oh I think you do.” Jensen quietly replied, his voice dropping to a conspirator’s whisper. “I know what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to play stupid because you don’t think I know what you did. Nice poker face by the way.”

 

Jared’s arm shot forward gripping Jensen’s spinning him around. He almost gasped when he saw up close those tantalizing green eyes flecked with gold, his plush lips quivering in a nervous smile. The way those freckles dotted his face, the angelic glow his face seemed to posses. “You can’t stay here.”

 

“And why’s that?” Jensen challenged, his soft green eyes boring into Jared’s.

 

“I only have one bedroom.” Jared hissed, his jeans suddenly shrinking around his groin area.

 

“That’s okay.” Jensen shrugged, turning back around to finish unpacking. “I can sleep on the couch.”

 

“No.” Jared huffed. “You CAN NOT stay here.”

 

“Why not?” Asked Jensen as he continued to unpack. It’s a small green duffel bag, how much shit can it hold? “You already said that it’s because this is a one bedroom home so I came up with the solution of me sleeping on the couch so why can’t I stay now?”

 

Mulling it over in his head, Jared had to think fast. “Because, I’m gay.”

 

Jensen shrugged non-plussed. “So am I. What else have you got?”

 

Pinching the bridge of his nose. “No Jensen, I don’t think we’re on the same page. I’m gay. Not the happy kind of gay, I’m homosexual.”

 

“I know.” Jensen dead panned. “You’re also a virgin. That’s probably contributing to your bad mood.”

 

Jared rolled his eyes in exasperation. “You can’t stay here Jensen. I don’t want you too. I happen to like being alone and I can’t necessarily be alone when you’re here.”

 

This time Jensen stopped and swiveled around to face Jared. “Okay. This kind of communication isn’t benefiting either one of us.” Then he took a couple of long strides past Jared. His movements graceful. “Follow me.”

 

Before Jared could inquire the strangely dressed man, Jensen opened the linen closet door.