Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2011-05-22
Completed:
2011-09-01
Words:
59,568
Chapters:
21/21
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
144

Getting ahead of yourself, coda 6.22

Summary:

This is my take to the aftermath of epi 6.22 SPOILERS ... Sorry folks I couldn't let a good thing go that easily. Had to at least give a nod in Sam's direction for the problems he had to face with the new cohesiveness. Plus had to play with their heads a bit. Please read and review. Pretty Please!

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

AUTHORS NOTE: Serious spoiler warnings for episode 22 of season 6, if you’ve not seen it you won’t recognize what’s going on. If you have I hope this is a suitable coda. For possible outcomes to an otherwise massively clusterfucked situation.

:

:

:

:

_____

 

“You’ve been like family to us.”

:

:

:

“I’m family to no one.” Castiel said his face set.

:

:

:

“I require you to bow down before me and profess your love, otherwise I will destroy you.” Castiel said soberly.

 

Dean, Sam, and Bobby traded looks of purest misery. Sam’s face twitched as memories of hell kept flashing through his brain even as his three selves settle into place.

 

“For what you’ve done to me Castiel, I could kill you if it were possible or at least make you suffer.” Sam said evenly.

 

“I’m sure you would.” Castiel turned and looked at Sam then reached out his hand to touch Sam.

 

“Keep your fucking claws to yourself. You’ve become just another megalomaniac who will soon enough have the stilts knocked out from under you.” Sam turned and staggered towards Dean realizing the futility of their situation. Sam fell into Dean’s arms, his weight dragging Dean down to his knees , Bobby came over and knelt with them in a tight huddle. They were ready to be destroyed, exploded just like he did Rafael. But suddenly there was another light in the room, blindingly white and when it was gone there rested on the railing of the stairs a single white dove and standing next to the dove dressed comfortably enough in simple white trousers that hung loose and a white pullover top, stood what looked to be an Israeli. His hair was long, past his shoulders and his beard full and flush. He was well groomed and looked on the scene with some amusement.

 

“What, you can’t be here!” Castiel said shocked.

 

“You have just declared yourself the “new God”, I don’t recall getting a resignation notice from my Father. And just for the record for you to be the “new God” you have to be in concert with the Son and the Holy Spirit, which you are not. You are but a trumped up angel.” The newcomer insisted.

 

“NO!” Castiel roared and vanished.

 

The newcomer turned to the trio huddled on the floor. “Now you three are curious, you attempted to stop this travesty.” He padded over his feet encased in soft leather sandals. He bent down to look at Sam. He reached out and ran his fingers through the long sweat matted locks of hair. He then smiled. “You will be fine in time. You just need to give your mind time to settle down. Your soul has been wracked and what else in my Father’s name I cannot say. I can say this you will heal in time. The body I can touch and heal, your soul will take my Father’s touch.”

 

Dean looked at the Israeli a moment then stammered, “J-jesus Christ!”

 

The laugh was lyrical, “Is that a swear or are you asked if that is my name?” He smiled and touched Dean’s face. “You are right Dean, I am he whom you named.” He laughed again, “Quite a bit different from all those anglo pictures your artists have me portrayed as aren’t I?”

 

“You could say that.” Dean gasped. Then gasped again as the gashes were immediately healed.

 

“The writers once penned my words in the Aramaic of my land of birth, but the English serves as well. Let not your heart be troubled. You believed in the Father believe also in me.” He bent forward and kissed Dean’s forehead gently. Then he reached out and touched Bobby, the broken ribs and abused bones were immediately mended. Then the Son still smiling stood.

 

“What of Castiel?” Dean asked.

 

“He has no designs on mankind, and he will not be permitted to work his will against you. For now I’ll let him experiment with this new power, as you say unless he released those souls soon they will scramble his brain.”

 

“You’re not going to try to reign him in?” Bobby asked astounded.

 

“Why should I? Look my friends, he is sampling what it’s like to take on the job my Father has done for billions of years. He will soon tire of his new toy and will some come to see the burden creation can become.”

 

“But the apocalypse, the end times?” Sam said weakly.

 

“No one but my Father can set that into motion. Oh Lucifer and Michael will have to fight, which they are doing a fine job of in the cage. Sadly I must tell you the soul of your brother Adam is not in the cage any more. My father took it into his keeping before he vanished.”

 

Dean sat back and looked around a moment at the wasted tiled room. “So where did he vanish too?”

 

Jesus looked momentarily amused. “He is taking a well deserved vacation.”

 

“In the middle of all this?” Bobby said stunned.

 

“It’s not the end of the world, not by a long shot. Rest my brothers. You have a long journey ahead of you. Oh and by the way, Dean I went ahead and set your automobile to rights, you have to have a way out of here to be sure.”

 

Then in the same instant they were alone in the charnel house. Bobby walked over and took the jar of blood that was part of someone he loved quite dearly, he wrapped the jar in some blankets he found nearby. Then they stood and like thieves in the night were gone.