Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2011-03-09
Completed:
2011-03-10
Words:
14,443
Chapters:
8/8
Kudos:
24
Bookmarks:
7
Hits:
334

Baby

Summary:

Loosely based on an old Katherine Hepburn movie, Bringing Up Baby. I haven't seen the movie in many years but Jensen is a paleontologist, Jared likes his pets Sadie, Harley and Baby his new leopard (oh and Jensen).

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: I have included 15 quotes from the original movie.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Jensen lined up his club, pulling back into his back swing, ready to tee-off, he was in the process of swinging down at the little white ball when suddenly “Tommy! There you are! I heard you were out here today” rang out. And with that bellowing from the golf cart that had just zoomed up behind them, Jensen’s concentration was broken, the club not striking the ball where it had been aimed, the ball went sharply off to his left into the woods instead of straight up to the green. Jensen turned around; jaw hanging in disbelief that anyone could be so rude as to yell in someone’s swing. He gaped as a behemoth leapt out of the cart, strode over to his golfing partner, Tom Welling, and enveloped him in a bear hug. Still sitting in the cart was a petite, dark haired girl, head down, hands covering her face shaking her head.

“Tommy, it’s so good to see you. I couldn’t believe it when John told me you were out here. We have to get together again. How about Tuesday night, I think I’m free then” the new comer continued, oblivious to the fact he had ruined Jensen’s shot.

Pulling out of the hug Tom shook his head exasperated “Jared, don’t you know better than to talk while someone is in the middle of their swing, really? And since when do you golf?”

“Gen taught me last week. She said I’m not very good yet so I need to practice a lot. Hey, how about we all play together!”

Jensen was flabbergasted. Play with this idiot who didn’t even know basic etiquette! He stalked up to Tom and this Jared person, “No way buddy, I’m not playing with someone who doesn’t even know the game.” Standing between Tom and the newcomer Jensen felt downright small. At 6’1” he was taller than average and was broad shouldered and muscular, but Tom had a few inches on him and was built pretty well too. But this Jared person had a few inches on Tom and an unbelievable physique. Glaring up at the intruder he was taken aback when he was met with a blinding smile.

“Buddy? No, no. My name’s Jared” the grinning idiot replied. Turning back to the cart Jared called “Hey Gen, c’mere, meet Tom and his little friend, what’s your name?” he asked turning back to Jensen. His little friend! You have got to be kidding! Jensen fumed.

“This is Jensen” Tom interceded, pulling Jensen back by the arm. “And no, I can’t meet you on Tuesday night you know I don’t go out on the weeknights, only weekends. You know some of us actually have to work for a living. I’ll give you a call during the week and maybe we can make plans for later. Come on Jensen, let’s play. Catch you later Jay.” Tom pulled Jensen back to their cart to head up to the next hole.

***

Three hours and a few beers later found Jensen and Tom sitting at a table in the clubhouse, Jensen was still irked by the run-in with Jared when a voice boomed out “Drinks for everyone! Need to celebrate my hole-in-one!” The same booming voice from earlier. Jared! He got a hole-in-one! The boob who didn’t even know how to play? Jensen hung his head, shaking it back and forth. The unfairness of it all boggled his mind. He had been playing golf since he was a teen and never had a hole-in-one, and this nincompoop gets one on his second time on the links! Really! Oh god, now he was coming to their table to irritate Jensen some more.

“Buddy, Tommy, guess what! I got a hole-in-one” Jared grinned at them with that blinding smile taking a seat next to Jensen he looked at him “Can you believe it, and only my second time out”.

Jensen looked at his new tablemate “No I can’t believe it, and my name isn’t Buddy, its Jensen” he growled, rolling his eyes in exasperation.

Pulling his eyebrows together in a look of confusion Jared replied “But you said you were Buddy when we met.”

Huffing, Jensen responded “No, I called you buddy when I was yelling at you for your rudeness, my name is Jensen.”

Jared stared at him for a moment then brought out his smile again. Now that Jensen had a chance to cool off a bit he noticed the dimples that went with the smile, along with the twinkling in the hazel eyes that were kind of tilted, the mole next to his nose, the high cheekbones and pointed chin, giving him an almost exotic look. His hair was longer than the close cropped cut that was the current style most guys wore, with bangs that had a tendency to fall into his face. He was sort of mesmerizing in an irritating kind of way. Jensen stood, turned to Tom saying “I gotta take off, go home and get ready for tonight. You know what Daneel will be like if I’m not ready on time and perfectly put together. You’re going to be there tonight right?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you around 8 ok” Tom replied.

“You’re going out tonight? Already got a date? If not I could go with you” Jared inquired, eyes following Jensen.

“There’s a fundraiser at the museum tonight. Jensen’s the assistant curator for the dinosaur exhibition. He’s a paleontologist. He’s engaged to Daneel Harris, you’ve met her haven’t you? She’s the curator of the Egyptian exhibit. I told Jensen I would go to keep him company. Daneel likes to make sure she makes the rounds to all the big sponsors, trying to make sure her department gets as much funding as she can wheedle out of them. I’m taking Sandy as my date. Well I gotta run too, catch you later and congrats on that hole-in-one.”

Watching Jensen walk away, taking in the broad shoulders and tight ass Jared hadn’t really been listening to Tom, catching only the fact that he and Jensen would be at the museum fundraiser tonight.