Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2010-08-03
Completed:
2010-08-04
Words:
7,790
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
519

When brain's meets brawn

Summary:

Jensens tutor guy, Jareds the college football star, this is the story of how they met and fell in love.

 

 

*Sorry, I suck at summaries, please don't let that put you off.

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text


Author's notes: Thanks for the reviews to my previous fic.

This is my first attempt of a longer fic.

Inspired by a fic I read a while a go by russ. Hope this adaptaion does you proud.


*****************

 

Chapter 1

 

Jensen Ackles had been unpopular growing up; or should that be invisible, you have to be noticed to be unpopular. It never bothered him really as he spent most of time with his nose in a book. During high school, it always got to him how the athletes were allowed to coast through classes, riding the proverbial coat tails of their more academically-minded fellow student. He had refused to help the jocks on principle, thus cementing himself an outcast.

 

When the time came to choose colleges, Jensen applied to every one he could think of that was out-of-state. He didn’t think there could be many differences in the way they sucked up to the athletes, but he wanted to go where no one knew him. The letters came in from over a dozen places; all accepting him to their institutions. He had picked a school known for its good science program and got a full-ride on his academic merit. The first year passed without too much in the way of drama. In the first semester, he was the honour roll, and in the second, he got on the Dean's List. Sophomore year kept him busy with his books for the first semester, but he pulled out another honour roll mention to the exclusion of more important social obligations (others may say). There was one notice that caught his attention, when he did venture from his room.

 

The coach of the football team and his assistant had come up with the idea of him tutoring one of the team's best player. While Jensen believed this actually meant him doing all the work, as it had back in high school, a small part of him was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The notice had said for him to meet coach in his office, so he loaded up his courier bag with the books he would need and walked over the athletics department.

 

Once he reached Coach Beaver's office, he noticed that the coach seemed to be in a meeting with a member of the football team. He wiped his hand on his jeans before he raised it to knock on the window. When the coach spotted him he called out for him to enter. "Perfect timing' he said as Jensen opened the door. “Jared, this here's Jensen Ackles and he's gonna be your new tutor. Jensen, this is Jared Padalecki."

 

Jared stood from where he was sitting and faced Jensen. It took every ounce of self-preservation not to rip his clothes off and declare, "Take me!” Jensen had known from an early age where his carnal interests lay, but they were never called into question because of his limited contract with the outside world. Jared was a fine specimen if he had ever saw one; 6'4", thick shaggy chestnut hair, a firm jaw with what he only could guess would be dimples to boot and prominent chin with serious case of 5 o'clock shadow, broad chest and shoulders, that just dared people to try and mess with him, and firm muscular legs that stretched for miles and miles out the shorts he wore. He couldn’t but noticed that wasn't all that seemed to stretch out of those shorts. He had apparently just finished a workout, because his shirt and shorts were plastered to his body and left very little to the imagination, Jensen could feel a light blush start to creep up his neck as the image of Jared working up a sweat in way that’s did not involve a gym flashed before his eyes.

 

Jared, unaware of Jensen’s wondering thoughts, held out a hand, and smiled (and yes there were dimples) and said, "Good to meetcha, Jensen. Sorry if I smell. So, you from the high school?" His voice was a rich tenor that sends a shiver down Jensen’s spine. Jensen had to focus on a mathematical equation to keep him from getting hard right there in the coach’s office.

 

"No, I'm a sophomore."

 

"No way! How old are you?"

 

"I turn 19 earlier this year. I skipped a grade and my birthday isn't until March."

 

"You must be some kinda genius, huh."

 

"That's why I'm puttin' him with you, Jared. I ain't sayin' you're stupid or anything, but if you wanna stay on the team you need to start getting your grades up. An this here boy is gonna be your savin' grace." Coach Beaver said slapping Jared on the back.

 

Jared nodded, letting the knock about his intelligence go over his head. "What ever you say, Coach. So” he said turning again to face Jensen “When d'you wanna get this show on the road?"

 

"Well, my last class for the day has been cancelled, so we should start now if you wanted." That was a lie. The class hadn’t been cancelled, but he'd had done all the work needed, so there wasn’t any real reason for him to be there. Even more so now, when he could have is very own football stud all to himself.

 

"Great! You we could meet up in the library, or--"

 

"I live by myself off campus, on Irving Street."

 

"I know where that is. Which house?"

 

"Number 42."

 

"Awesome. I’m gonna take a shower, and I'll meet ya there." with that, Jared took off for the showers.

 

Jensen was just about to turn and leave when the Coach stopped him.

 

"Hey, listen. If, um, if he don't get it, what would it take for you to do it for him? I could make it worth your while."

 

"How so?"

 

He shrugged. "We got a big surplus in the budget. I could pay ya rent and call it a trainin' expense."

 

No matter how disgusted Jensen was with himself that he had even entertained the idea things would be different here, he couldn’t not think about the proposal. His rent wasn't much, and the part time job he had covered it well enough, to say nothing of his scholarship, but the idea of not having to worry about it anymore seem too good to turn down.

 

"I'll have to think about it." He said as he left the office.

 

He was turning over the idea in his head as he walked, and since he was so focused on his thoughts and not where he was going, the usually short walk took longer than normal. So much so, that he hadn’t noticed Jared walking next to him.

 

"Hay, Jensen?" he said, as if he'd said it before with no response.

 

"Huh? Oh, hi, Jared, didn’t see you there."

 

"You OK?"

 

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I'm just got something on my mind."

 

"A brain thing?"

 

He shook his head. "No, I, never mind, it’s not important. So, what classes are you having trouble with?"

 

"Math n Science."

 

"If you don't mind my asking, what's your major?"

 

"Business, and I’m doing ok in those classes."

 

"Your coach doesn't seem to think you're too smart."

 

Jared shrugged.

 

Jensen scratched his cheek as they arrived at his door. "He, uh, made me an offer." He blurted out.

 

"Huh, what kinda offer?"

 

************************