Actions

Work Header

008 - Party Time

Summary:

Something is hunting the hunters and the hunt for the hunter hunter is on. Yes I meant to write that. :^)

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: What starts out as a regular demon issue builds up naturally to something more.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1 Hitting on Fun Times

Chapter Text


Author's notes: We're just getting started here folks and it's going to be a bumpy ride.


The couple left the building satisfied; all decked out in their various leather gear, with the taller one, ironically being the one what was collared being led by a shorter person. In the parking lot the shorter man reached up and unleashed the lead from the collar.

“You were very good tonight,” Short man said to Tall man.

 

“Thank you master,” Tall man said quietly “I hope that I did my best not to embarrass you.”

Short man reached up and cupped Tall man’s cheek briefly. Smiling he walked up to the car to have Tall man step forward quickly and open the passenger’s side door for his master. Then the tall man closed the door and walked around to the driver’s side and had hand on the handle when suddenly he heard a scream followed by a gout of blood splashing the inside drivers window.

 

“M-master, uh Derrick?” The other asked as he carefully opened the car door, what he saw made him jump back first then scream like he’d never done in his life. His partner Derrick Clark was sitting in the passenger’s seat in a contortion, the front of his shirt bloodied, and his chest looking as if a bomb had gone off from inside. Suddenly a thick, black cloud poured out of the car as if it was alive, and immediately stopped moving and targeted the taller man. The cloud entered through the eyes and just as sudden another scream, another explosion and the cloud was off and moving.

 

“Hey wake up sleeping beauty.” Sam said punching Dean in the arm while at the same time maintaining control of the car with his other hand. “Get the lead out gorgeous, it’s your turn to drive if we’re going to make that next stop that those hunters were broadcasting about.”

 

“Aw shit man, you woke me from a perfectly good, well if I were sixteen it would’ve been a major wet dream.” Dean said stretching then looked around him taking in the plain countryside scenery. “Huh still in buttfuck Egypt.”

 

“So was it a blonde or red head this time?” Sam asked with a smirk. “And yes we are, actually we’re about thirty miles out from Topeka.”

 

“Brunette…well brown that was close enough to be brunette.” Dean said with a returning smirk then he smacked a bit and reached into the back seat in a cooler they’d recently bought and pulled out a can of Red Bull. He popped the top and started drinking the pulled away from it quickly. “He hotstuff pull over before you land us in the ditch!” He said sharply as Sam nearly did run off the road.

 

“Brunette huh?” Sam started as he eased the car to the shoulder, “Anybody I need to be jealous of?”

 

“Not particularly unless you can be jealous of yourself, I was dreaming about what we did back in Lancaster. Damn you were hot there.” Dean said with a grin to his brother as he downed some more of the drink grimacing at the sweet sharp taste.

 

Sam smiled and nodded as he put the car into park then playfully grabbed at his brothers crotch, “Your weren’t no iceberg yourself! Damn got my motor running. Now let’s get to Topeka and find a motel.”

 

“Oh you ready for some more?” Dean asked smart-assedly and hopefully.

 

“After I’ve had a few hours sleep, and a shower, and some food, yeah, those are the three prerequisites.” Sam said getting out of the car and walking around to the passenger side.

 

“Prerequisites…” Dean mocked, “Spoken like a true geek.”

 

Sam bent over and kissed him on the cheek, “and here I thought you were just after the family jewels.” He said giving Dean’s ear a playful nip before moving back into the passenger side and leaning back in the seat. “Wake me when you get to a motel. And this time can we stay somewhere a little more upscale than Georgia?”

 

“A roach coach would have to be more upscale, I can’t believe that was the only dive in town that wasn’t booked.” Dean said shaking his head bemoaning the fact. He then put the car into gear and started off.

 

“What are we supposed to be after down here anyway? Did Jackson give you a clue?” Sam asked yawning.

 

Dean shook his head, “Just said it looked like demonic possession but a standard exorcism only pissed it off. The only thing we have to go on is that it’s targeting men, and usually those prone to violent natures or lovers of violence.”

 

Sam cocked a lazy eye at his brother, “And this is a problem how?”

 

“What if it targets someone who just has a case of road rage?” Dean answered.

 

“Point,” Sam replied then yawned again, stretched his eyes open for a moment and then closed them. Dean paused a moment in his driving attention to just look at his baby brother asleep like that and felt some part of him stir. He snorted and settled into the drive.

 

In Topeka, Dean opted for a Best Western for a change, after booking the room and getting the car pulled around to the side where it was located, he opened the passenger door and shook Sam’s shoulder. Sam woke up groggily, after helping to load in their duffels he collapsed on the bed and started the soft snore again after adjusting his position minutely. Dean shook his head and decided a little more shut eye was a good idea as well. So hanging the “Do not Disturb” sign out lay down on the rooms only bed and snuggled up to Sam who proceeded to throw an arm over and hug Dean up close, in moments they were both dozing peacefully.

 

Across town the mysterious black cloud was on the prowl and this time the target was a drunken man who was busily slapping his wife about carelessly. “Good for nothing bitch, can’t even make a decent pot of coffee. Shit, what good are ya?” The middle aged ragged looking man said has he pulled back for another hit, the cloud entered him through the eyes and the same as the others a scream, a gout and it was all over for both of them. The woman died on the scene of trauma from the beating.

 

That afternoon found Dean finally awake and this time sitting one of the rooms chairs carefully cleaning his Glock 9mm pistol and looking up when he heard his brother stirring. Sam rolled over and looked up at the ceiling for a moment then stretched hugely. “Whatimeisit?” He asked in a blur of words.

 

“Just after three, you’ve had about six hours, I knocked out with ya for about four myself. Went ahead and got up and got my shower, been prepping our gear while you napped on.” Dean said then nodded towards what would be the front of the motel. “Place has got a Denny’s in it if you’re interested.”

 

“Shower first then food.” Sam said standing and stripping off his clothing at the same time. “And this stop we do some laundry, I’m on day three in these jeans.”

 

Dean nodded and look at his own clothes, “Yeah, this shirt is about ready to walk.” Then he brightened, “Hey there’s a Walmart nearby what say we grab a bite, get over there and pick up a change, come back here and change then go looking for this critter.”

 

“Sounds like it could be a winner.” Sam said smiling at his brother as he shucked out of his pants and boxers. Sam heard the low wolf whistle and only grinned a bit more. He was always pleased that Dean did that simple little thing that always made him smile these days. Of course Sam was fond of going , “um, um, ummm” at Dean when he was in similar state of appearance. “Oh did you bring in the toy box?” Sam asked referring to a small square black footlocker type box that sat in the back seat filled with various sex toys.

 

“Over here in the corner, but hey, after Georgia, let’s go for some regular vanilla sex okay?”

 

Sam quirked an eyebrow and smiled, “Oh I can work wonders with that as well.” Dean knew that and that was one reason he loved the romantic side that Sam seemed to specialize in while he was more into kink. Sam stopped at the toilet first then hit the showers luxuriating in the warm spray washing away the past three days layers of dirt and grime. They would take time to clean up to be presentable but when they stopped for a new case he always liked the long steaming showers that always seemed to melt his tensions nearly as good as a round of sex with Dean. The shower took its own time, Sam finally coming out of the bathroom toweling off carefully, then pulling on the jeans commando style he looked at his brother then dug his last fresh shirt out of the bag and pulled on his shoes.

 

“You finally ready?” Dean asked as he finished stropping a knife on a whetstone. “Let’s go gorgeous.” They grabbed the equipment bags and dumped them into the trunk then walked up to the front of the hotel to the restaurant. Two hours later saw them fed and watered, new clothing bought, worn clothes in the washer that was provided for guests.

 

Dean and Sam stood in the makeshift laundry and after a long moment Sam spoke, “Dean, if it is a demon I can…”

 

“No!” Dean said emphatically, “No drink blood, and hold off on the psychic thing, the last time you did that got you a nosebleed.”

 

“Dean you know I’m the best weapon for that at least to contain it while you exorcise it.” Sam said quickly.

 

“Exorcisms…heh thought that they were a thing of the past.” A somewhat tall middle aged man laughed as he entered the laundry, Sam grimaced at having spoken too loudly. The man was just over six feel tall, slender with brown hair going grey in a sprinkling throughout, he was built much like Sam, the runners physique. He was also wearing a black shirt with a full white banded collar.

 

“Uh hello Reverend.” Sam said shifting uncomfortably.

 

“Kityard is the name, Byron Kityard. Don’t mind me boys, I’m just passing through, had to stop here for the night and well wanted to get some laundry done as well.” He walked over to them and stuck out his hand for shaking, which they both did somewhat dubiously. “Don’t worry I don’t bite, well not on the first date anyway.”

 

Dean’s eyebrows shot up as Sam’s eyes bugged slightly. The last person they expected a comment like that from was a priest.

 

“Sorry boys, I get carried away sometimes, I’m taking on a Parish here this weekend, St. Bartholomews over on East 17th Avenue from what I was told. What about you two?”

 

“Well Rev. Kityard we were just discussing, uh discussing.” Sam started

“Parts in an upcoming play rehearsal, we’re looking at moving here and thought we’d check out the local theatre, seems that they are going to pan a play that’s based on “The Exorcist.” Dean said “Oh I’m Dean this is my brother Sam.”

 

“Well Dean, you need to practice lieing better, you don’t do it well enough to fool a priest who’s had a collar as long as I’ve had.” He said with a wink. “You were talking about performing an exorcism, “ he pursed his lips momentarily and then smiled, “That’s your business, but you boys want to be careful mucking about with that stuff, there’s some demons out there that don’t take to exorcising too well.”

 

Suddenly another man entered the room and walked over to Byron and threw his arm around his shoulders, “Well I see you boys met my partner, Byron. Hi, I’m Keith Manning.” He said with a warm smile as he stuck his hand out for shaking as well.

 

After the introductions Kevin smiled as helped sort out their various laundry and prep it to wash, he finally shoved Byron out of the way, “Go on schmooze with that couple for a while.”

 

“Partner, so ya’ll are together?” Sam said hesitantly.

“Hope that’s not a problem.” Byron said returning to their conversation.

“No problem, “ Dean and Sam said in unison, “We’re partners as well.” Sam said indicating Dean.

“Well maybe you’ll come by the church this weekend, we’re hosting an open house there. And yes they are VERY G-L-B-T friendly. Now back to your project? Is this a demon variety of the Roman cut?”

 

Dean shifted again and then stood checking their clothing that was in the dryers. “What makes you think…”

“Oh Dean, let’s cut to the chase, you boys are hunters,” Byron said shocking Sam and Dean slightly. “It’s okay my uncle is one as well, he’s got two kids boy and girl, both of them are working with him while mom runs the home base.”

 

“We’ve just not met that many,” Dean started.

“Who can peg you boys on sight?” Keith asked joining the conversation now that their clothes were in washing. He laughed brightly. “Shoot, Byron here has a radar that’s tune up on that stuff like I have a gaydar.” He said with a spry wink in their direction.

 

“Down boy.” Byron said playfully but firmly.

“Yes sir.” Keith immediately responded but still smiling.

“We’ve been together fifteen years now. Keith here started out as my secretary at a church in upper New York state, after we became a couple I gave up that church and took another. No big mystery there.” Byron said.

“Well, we are partners, and yes we’re hunters, like my brother said as to who we are and yes it runs in the family, our father and mother were hunters as well.” Sam volunteered. Then when he caught the punch in the ribs from Dean he grimaced slightly and shook his head at his brother.

 

“What I think your brother is trying to tell you Sam is that you’re being too free with information. Normally I would agree, but I think you already sense we’re basically harmless.” Sam nodded at Byron’s words.