Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2010-07-01
Completed:
2011-01-26
Words:
50,907
Chapters:
18/18
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
8
Hits:
1,063

Midnight Secretary

Summary:

Jensen thought his new job was perfect when he became the private secretary of Jared Padalecki, the director and son of the CEO's company for tableware. Jared's capability in his work is impressive, but his arrogant and immoral behaviour is the one most rumored about him. He accidentally finds out that his new boss is... a vampire.

This fic is going to be a bit shaky 'cause I really didn't want to copy the manga. If you've read the manga you might notice some similarities and differences. So please bear with me.;)MS - darkstar7789
This seriously awesome and perfect banner is from SPNAngelfire! You rock! *hugs*

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: By the way the plot for this story is not originally mine. If you're interested in it go to mangafox.com. It's not a story, but more of a comic. Oh, if anyone thinks I might need a beta for this please just leave me a comment. MS - darkstar7789
This seriously awesome and perfect banner is from SPNAngelfire! You rock! *hugs*

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text


Author's notes: First chapter. Nothing intense really. Hope you guys like it. I love comments so please. ;)


They were walking down a hallway to meet his new boss. Jensen was as nervous as heck and an awkward silence covered the air until the other man with him began to talk. " Director Padalecki's character may not be the best, but we believe that you can meet our expectations concerning this job."

 

" Thank you very much. I will do my best." Jensen replied to the other man while pushing his glasses up, straightening his back, and folding his hands in front of him together in a submissive manner. After finally reaching the door the other man began to knock.

 

" Excuse me, sir! I have brought you the new secretary in charge, Mr. Ackles..." he suddenly stopped as the door began to open revealing his new boss, Jared Padalecki, on top of a long haired brunette woman with her blouse barely covering her chest on his desk. The scene in front of them shocked them both, but they also anticipated it. While Jared had a look of disdain on his face as he brushed back his brown shaggy hair. The woman on the other hand, seemed amused by the situation.

 

" I told you we should have locked the door." The woman said while giggling. " Well, seems like you have work to do. I'll come back another time."

 

" Sorry, 'bout this. We'll finish what we started later." Jared answered with a smile on his face.

 

" I am so sorry director..." the other man began to say, but was interrupted by a wave of Jared's hand.

 

" So?" Jared queried.

 

" I'm Ackles from the secretarial office. I will be your secretary in charge from today onward. I'm looking forward to working with you." Jensen replied with a forced smile on his face.

 

"Ah so you're starting today? Jensen Ackles, right? I've heard good things about you. You only started two years ago, but it seems you showed some very excellent qualities."

 

" I'm afraid so..." 'I've heard a lot about you, too, director... Jared Padalecki, 27 years old, same age as me. Still Single. Managing director of Padalecki Corporation, a production of tableware. Second son of the president of the company. He didn't reach his position through his father's influence, but earned it for his capable work. He is very strict towards his subordinates and does not forgive mistakes. And to top it all off he works after office hours, and he insists that his private secretary stays with him until late at night. Sooner or later his secretaries then begin to become absent. He doesn't separate business from pleasure and is well-known for scandalous relations to both men and women. I've heard that "80% of all the guests in his office are his 'dates' ", and "he uses his office exclusively for his secret affairs". And it also seems like some people in the company are having a quiet war for his attention. I will admit that he is very handsome. I really shouldn't let rumors bother me, but he is exactly how the rumors describe him to be,' thought Jensen. After being lost in his musings he never realized that Jared was looking at him with a calculating expression until he turned his attention back to his boss.

 

" Excellent qualities... Really..." Jared said with an unreadable look on his face. "Tell me Jensen. May I call you Jensen?."

 

" Yes, sir. " Jensen answered.

 

" Are you heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual?"

 

" Umm... I'm... homosexual, sir. Excuse me, but what does this have to do with me being your private secretary?"

 

"Nothing really, just curious. ." Jared said suddenly standing up at the same time. " Not a bad looker. Take off the glasses and the gel in your hair, and I'd think you might look even better. By the way, are you with anyone right now?"

 

" No, not really." he answered cautiously.

 

" Then would you like to be with me?" asked Jared while putting his forefinger under Jensen's chin to turn his face to him.

 

" I'm sorry, sir. But I was hired to work with you, not be with you." Jensen answered with a pleasant smile.

 

" Hmph, well then let's see if I can change your mind while you work with me." Jared then had an amused smile that grew even more to show dimples. The smile then turned form amused to mischievous. He brought out so many unorganized files that the Eiffel Tower looked short and the leaning Tower of Pisa looked balanced in comparison. " In that case, process this pile here. Based on them, prepare the data for all four categories. Then prepare the materials for tomorrow's meeting. After that, take care of the letters of invitation and the notices here. Enter all the data and my schedule in this computer. Don't ask me stupid questions. If you need to, you can refer to the older data." He said while pointing at all of the files.

 

" Understood," Jensen said finishing up writing down notes in his notebook.

 

"Oh, and the girl I was with earlier, the daughter of the president of Tolstoy Bank... Choose some kind of suitable present for her, and send it in my name, okay?"

 

"...Understood..." 'So taking care of his hook-ups is part of my job too' Jensen thought irritatingly.

 

" Don't connect any incoming calls from people who aren't in the address book. Be very careful about that."

 

" Understood" ,said Jensen, and then the phone began to ring. The director answered?

 

" Let him in." Jared replied to whoever was calling and then a young man came running down the hallway into Jared's arms.

 

" Jared! Sorry, for bothering you during work, but I was on break so I thought..." The young man said suggestively while wrapping his arms around Jared's neck.

 

" No, no problem. I was just going to have a break myself" he said this while he was shooing away Jensen and the other man who brought him there. " Don't announce anyone for a while!" he ordered and slammed the door in their faces. As they were exiting they heard some very intimate noises coming from the office.

 

" Well, good luck..." said the other man.

 

" Thank you for everything." Jensen replied, and as they left he thought that the only word that would describe his new employer would be that 'He is a complete Asshole!'

 

 

Later that evening at the Ackles' home. Jensen was telling his mother about his first day of meeting his boss.

 

" Is he really that bad? " his mother questioned with a disbelieving look on her face.

 

" It may be true that he is capable when it comes to work, but his personality is the worst! He has no morals!" Jensen replied with a somber tone.

 

" But he has to be a great person to be so popular." she tried to reason with her stubborn son.

 

" Not a great person, trust me. I think his fans just like that badass attitude of his. But I like his older brother the manager. I was just working as his secretary's assistant, and he was still so kind to me. He is the complete polar opposite of his brother!"

 

" Honey, I am sure that he is horrible now, but you never know he could change. Why did you refuse him, when he was flirting with you. You are so handsome I would even go so far as to say gorgeous. I was also wondering why you wore those glasses when you have perfect vision, and would you stop gelling your hair. Your hair is fine when it is just natural. " At the same time she said these she took of his glasses to reveal beautiful chrysolite green eyes, and used a paper towel to wipe off the gel showing his spiky natural dark blonde hair.

 

" Mom! I don't just want guy to fuck. I want a real relationship, and being with my playboy of a boss won't help. I dress like this to look more professional. Everytime I don't dress like this people don't really take me seriously and just judge me by my looks." Jensen grumbled.

 

" But you look fine just the way you are. You are even more gorgeous without them on." His mother tried to reason.

 

" At my job I don't want anyone just staring at me. I want people to take me seriously. I hate it when guys just decide that because I have certain feminine like features I'm helpless. Being emasculated for a guy is horrible even if he is gay. Oh, I just remembered! I might be late from work from now on."

 

" Why?" his mother asked with a tinge of worry in her voice.

 

" Apparently, the director likes to work late at night. They say it's because he's allergic to sunlight, but I just think he stays late for his affairs until daybreak. Yep, that's probably it." Jensen said with finality.

 

" It's wonderful that you're working hard, but please don't over exert yourself. I work in one of the companies shop too, and I understand the need to do so. Your father is dead, and you're all I have left. If something were to happen to you... I don't know what I would..." his mother suddenly stopped herself because too many painful memories entered her mind.

 

" I know, Mom" he said sullenly and went over to comfort his mother. They both reminisced in their minds the memories they wish would not haunt them. 'Dad died six years ago. The company he managed went bankrupt, and he just couldn't handle it. Mom never worked before because she was too busy raising me, but she worked hard. By some miracle she managed to do well on her job and support me through university. Mom was the one who told her boss about me and that's how I even got to work at the Padalecki Corporation. I want to be the perfect secretary for mom so that she would be happy. I also want her to be proud of me' " It's okay mom. Don't worry, I'm just really excited for work. 'Cause I really want to see the director's face when he realizes that not only am I good-looking, if i say so myself *blush*, but I've also got brains to match."

 

 

The next morning at the office. " Good morning, Director." Jensen greeted following after Jared to his office.

 

" Get ready for the meeting at..." As Jared started to walk he suddenly stopped which cause Jensen to bump into his 6ft 4in frame. Jared was amazed to see that his office was so neat and clean. It was sparkling and looked as if it was brand new. After his suprise he turned to address Jensen on the news of his work. " Did you finish these?"

 

" Yes, Director" Jensen happily replied after seeing his reaction. " Excuse me, sir. If you would look at today's schedule, please? I need your confirmation."

 

" Then put these in order. I'll need them for tomorrow's meeting."

 

" Yes."

 

" And send for the balance sheets for the last three years,"

 

" Understood."

 

" And send something suitable to this babe."

 

"...Understood." Jensen replied. After he was given his tasks he moved like machine to finish them. Running to this place or that and furiously typing in his computer, and finished everything without even breaking a sweat. " You have to confirm these. That was the last of the tasks that you gave me for today. I will retire for the day now. If I may." Which caused Jared to look at his new secretary in a new light.

 

Jared suddenly walked out of his office. " I'm going out."

 

"Yes, sir."

 

"I'll be back after the meeting, but if you don't have anymore work to do you may go home before that." Said Jared in a business like manner.

 

'The director is really busy with all his meetings during the day. It's really difficult just trying to organize his schedule for a full day ahead. And it amazes me that he still makes time for his flings. Now that's a miracle in itself' Jensen thought was very impressing. As they walked to Jared's car he noticed that the driver needed to use an umbrella to block him from sunlight. Another thing he noticed was the sunglasses. Guess he really is allergic to sunlight.

 

" I left you the job of taking care of the gifts given to my dates, right? They're very popular. A little too popular. I just told you to get them something suitable not for 100% accuracy. How did you choose them?" Jared asked very interested at his new secretary's methods.

 

" Oh, that I just checked your previous gifts from the last years and found out that you chose them individually. After learning that I was just given the idea of what your partners liked. I was also careful of not repeating anything, director. Is there a problem? "

 

" Yes, because now not only do I have a secretary with good looks and brains, but this certain secretary refuses to be with me." Jared replied with a satisfied smile after seeing Jensen blush as red as a tomato. " Oh, and another thing why don't you get some contacts instead of those glasses. And get rid of the gel in you hair. That way I can see what the real you looks like." He said after getting in his car.

 

" I'm sorry sir, but that 's not the image I'm going for." Jensen replied with a gentle smile before the car drove off.

 

After Jared came back from his meeting, he and Jensen started discussing his schedule when suddenly a young woman who was arguing with the receptionist started yelling for Jared. It turned out that she was another one of Jared's affairs which caused Jensen to sigh. " Cancel all my appointments for the next two hours." Jared said addressing Jensen.

 

" Yes, sir." He replied tiredly. Jared and his 'guest' were in the office taking care of business later he called Jensen to get his personal driver, Cliff, to drive the woman home. As they came out of his office Jensen noticed that the woman was barely able to walk and looked paler than before.'All they did in that room was have sex. Why in the world would they do it so much that she wouldn't even be able to stand on her own two legs. We are running a company here for Pete's sake. But she really couldn't walk though. I wonder if the director is using some kind of illegal drug. If he gets found out the entire company will be in danger of being closed. I'll check later tonight' Jensen mused quietly.

 

Later that night, Jensen was snooping around in Jared's desk looking for any sign of drugs that would be found. When suddenly he heard a click as the door opened to reveal Jared with another man who was obviously one of his 'guests'. 'Oh crap! If he finds me in here I'll most definitely get fired.' The two oblivious lovers then began kissing while Jensen hid behind the black sofa in front of his boss's desk. 'If I stay I can catch the director on the act. But I didn't want to have to witness him fucking somebody.' After hearing all the intimacies being said at Jared's desk, Jensen blushed even more. When he turned around to see if the drug was being used he wasn't prepared to see blood covering Jared's mouth, and elongated pearly white fangs. The blood was dripping down his chin and Jensen watched as he used his tongue to clean the remaining blood on his face. 'VAMPIRE!?!?' thought Jensen. Jared looked directly at Jensen when he heard a faint noise coming from behind his sofa. Jensen was too shocked to realize he involuntarily stood up, took a step back, and turned his face so he was facing the wall, and Jared was facing his back. 'I have to get out of here' was Jensen's only thought at the time and never noticed his boss being directly behind him. Until he felt his breath on his neck that had the smell of copper metallic blood.

 

" Hmm, peeping on your boss isn't a very good way to start, Jensen." Jared said directly on the back of his neck.

 

" I wasn't peeping." Jensen tried to argue dumbly.

 

" But you saw what I did to that woman." Jared replied, still behind Jensen, indicating to the unconscious woman on the desk.

 

" So what now? You gonna kill me and suck my blood or something. 'Cause let me tell you you're just gonna add to the body count you already have." Jensen turned facing Jared, and trying to keep his voice clear of the fear thrumming in his body.

 

" Body count? Oh, you think I killed him. There's never been a dead body. Here check for yourself." Jared then took Jensen's hand to bring it to where the unconscious young man's chest. Jensen felt a beating of a perfectly healthy heart and saw where the bite marks should be, but only some dried blood was there. There wasn's a singly would on his neck as if healed right away.

 

" For us to live peacefully, we only take a very small amount of blood from humans. We can't really eat just anything, and we would never stoop so low as to do something as vulgar as killing. We are very high class unlike you humans." Jared said with a tone of disgust in his voice.

 

'Unbelievable...Real Vampires! And one of them is my boss!' Jensen thought while still trembling.

 

" Are you scared that of me? Are you afraid that I might drink your blood? Don't worry I only take from those who are willing." Jared stated as he grabbed Jensen around the waist and brought his arms around him to keep him there. He caressed Jensen's face with his and began nuzzling his throat which made Jensen shiver even more. " Take a good look at this man's face. When humans reach that certain peak of ecstasy their blood tastes magnificent." He began to gently run his hands around Jensen's face, cupping his chin, and turning it to him.

 

'No' was Jensen's only thought petrified as Jared kept touching him intimately and bit into his finger just enough for blood to surface while licking it.

 

" Most of my partners don't even notice if I'm biting them or not. They just feel my caress over their bodies, and they feel the best pleasure when I finally sink my teeth into them. I don't even leave any marks. You are perfect to be assigned for me. You'll help me from now on."

 

"Eh?" Jensen questioned finally coming to terms with what he just heard.

 

" You already know that I am a vampire. So, from now on you will follow me everywhere as my secretary. Sunlight isn't too much of a problem, but midday sun is absolutely out of the question."

 

" Hey, wait..." Jensen tried weakly to stop the oncoming orders.

 

" I can eat human food, but only if I have to. I usually just eat those for important business- related meals."

 

" The meals that are important are once or twice a week. Which I believe you know of what I am referring to." Jared began already putting his coat on, and cleaning up. " You'll regulate my schedule accordingly, and- "

 

" Wait a minute! Just wait... You're still keeping me as your secretary!? Is it to watch out for me... because- "

 

" Watch out for you? I don't need to do that. Besides, we vampires have power everywhere, and wasting my time on something so trivial? Politics, economy, press, medicine... You name it we have power over it. No one even realizes what we are. Rumors are a problem, but I'm sure you won't talk to anyone, am I right? Your mother works at one of our stores?"

 

" What are you going to do to my mom!? " Jensen demanded very worried for his mother's safety.

 

" It's easy to get her fired, but I could also make her life difficult... like larceny, embezzlement..." said Jared causing Jensen to pause and looked very fearful for his mother. " I'm not an evil person, you know. As long as you do your job your mother will be perfectly safe." He said looking directly at Jensen.

 

" Why are you going so far for this...?" Jensen wondered.

 

At that question Jared just shrugged his shoulders. " Your work has been practically irreproachable, and I don't want to let you off your chain. You've got good looks and brains to match. Basically, your the perfect secretary." Jared answered honestly.

 

Jensen blushed at his comments. " Understood. I will do my best to support you as your secretary."

 

" Good, and rest easy. I only drink from those who are willing, and have families that have money that back their names. " Jared said with a mischievous smirk on his face.

 

'Jerk!' Jensen thought. 'Looks like from now on I'm not just a secretary, but a vampire's secretary.' Jensen thought worried yet curious as to how everything will be.