Actions

Work Header

In Truth There is Freedom

Summary:

Jared thought his life was on the fast track to happiness, until an accident on the set, his recovery period, and move to return to work after the strike brings some truths to light.

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: A very special thanks goes to Madelyn Jade for being my beta. Even though she's been sick, she still got most of the chapters beta'd for me.

Chapter 1: Author's Notes

Chapter Text

Title: In Truth There is Freedom

Author: siouxsmn_3745

Rating: PG-13 (for some bad words)

Pairings: Jared/Jensen

Other Canon Characters: Eric Kripke, Kim Manners, Bob Singer, Clif Kosterman, Tom Welling, Mike Rosenbaum, Chad Michael Murray, Chris Kane, Steve Carlson, Sandra McCoy, Danneel Harris (in mention only), The Padalecki’s and The Ackles Families.

Original Characters: Sharon (Eric’s PA), Jim Swartz, Susan Marsh (Jared’s old manager); Mike Masterson (Jared’s new manager), Patrick (onset stunt coordinator), Matt and Mattie McInerney (old family friends of the Ackles)

Disclaimer: Don’t own the boys. I’m just borrowing them for a while

Warnings: None

 

This story picks up during Season Three and follows on my first story Brothers and Friends. This is still a pre-J2 story where they are just beginning to realize that they have something more than a deep friendship between them.

 

This is just a story idea that hit me a while back on an idea of what might have caused Jared and Sandy to break up. No way is it the truth, but then again, that’s why we love to read and write fanfiction.

 

I’m trying to stick within the following timelines:

 

Writer’s Strike ran November 5, 2007 – February 12, 2008

 

Jared mentions at the Chicago 2007 convention that they were filming episode 11, had the script for 12 and was hoping to get 13 filmed before they would have to end due to the strike. This story makes mention of filming Jus in Bello so for my story, ep 13 didn’t get filmed until after the strike.

 

I know that the March 29-30, 2008 SPN Convention in LA is where Jared announced his engagement to Sandy. However, to work for my storyline, the announcement he makes is that he and Sandy broke up. I know it was the June 6-8, 2008 Convention in Dallas where Jared actually did confirm he and Sandy are no longer engaged

 

I know Jensen didn’t move in with Jared until after the breakup. In my story it happens just a bit earlier. Jensen’s original plan was to just move his belongings into Jared’s place during the hiatus before they started filming Season 5 until he got his own.

 

I also know absolutely nothing about how the “business” end of Hollywood works in as far as the working relationship would work between Jared, Jared’s agent(s), Eric, CW, WB or any attorneys. I also don’t know the real names of Jared’s agent or any attorneys for the CW/WB or any of the entertainment unions, so they are all OC’s.

 

And lastly, I do believe that the boys are capable of speaking in sentences that don’t require the words “fuck or shit” to appear at least every other word. Not to say that they won’t use it, it’s just not the only 2 words in their vocabulary.