Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2010-01-31
Completed:
2011-08-20
Words:
5,616
Chapters:
4/4
Comments:
4
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
120

Making Up for Lost Time

Summary:

Sam needs to fix things he's just not sure how when Dean says there's nothing to fix.

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text


Author's notes: This is a coda for Swap Meat.


As soon as they crossed the state line Sam made Dean pull into the first motel he saw. He wasn't oblivious to the hunched position that his brother had adopted over the last several hours. Nora had told him she remembered kicking the hell out of Dean and not being able to stop her body.

 

Sam grabbed both duffles and bullied his brother into their room and straight to the shower, intent on cleaning up any possible trace of Gary that might be clinging to his brother and surveying the damage for himself.

 

He grimaced as he helped Dean out of his shirt tracing the bruising with a gentle finger.

 

"Hey, I'm okay," Dean said, quietly reaching out and taking Sam's questing fingers in his own.

 

"I should have been there."

 

"Well, you kind of were," Dean chuckled, gasping at the sudden pain shooting through his body.

 

"You know what I mean, idiot," Sam responded affectionately.

 

He reached over, turning the shower on so the water could warm up. Thankfully, this particular motels water pressure was like most and only produced a weak stream of water. Dean didn't need a pulse jet slamming into his already abused body.

 

Sam helped him into the shower, balancing his brother as he twisted oddly to keep from putting stress on his ribs as much as possible. Once the cleaning up was finished, Sam gently dried his brother off and helped him sit on the edge of the bed so he could tape up his ribs, and check to make sure there were no hidden injuries. When he was satisfied, he handed Dean a couple of painkillers and a bottle of water before arranging the pillows and helping his brother settle into the nest he'd made.

 

Dean started to object when he headed for the other bed, but shut up when Sam gave him a quelling look.

 

"I'm not going to sleep next to you and nail you with an elbow Dean. You're beat to hell and it's going to be a pain just trying to sleep alone much less with me in the bed too."

 

Sam didn't bother telling him he'd have a hard time trying to keep his hands off him either. The need to reclaim what was his itched under his skin like an addict looking for the next fix, and he knew a thing or two about that thank you very much.

 

Dean wanted to argue but the pain attacking his nervous system every time he breathed had him holding his tongue.

 

Sam wandered into the bathroom, intent on taking a shower and going to grab some food, since he couldn't even remember when he'd eaten last and had no clue when Gary had fed his body. He hadn't even thought about the aches and pains he'd been feeling he'd been so focused on Dean.

 

"What the HELL!"

 

Dean jumped at the volume and quantity of cursing coming from the bathroom, but his brother must have known he'd be struggling to get up and find out what the problem was because he appeared in the doorway completely naked. The naked part wasn't all that new for him, but the nipple piercing had his brain shutting down completely and his cock swelling in the confines of his sweat pants.

 

"What in the hell did you do with that kid while he was wearing me?" Sam asked, disbelief evident in his voice as well as written all over his face.

 

It took Dean a few seconds to catch up with Sam's rant, and then he was beyond pissed.

 

"I didn't do jack shit with the kid, or you, for that matter. You were acting squirrelly as hell and I was trying to figure out when I had fallen down the rabbit hole, and you were the damn Mad Hatter."

 

"Then were the hell did these come from?" Sam asked, twisting around so Dean could see the black and blue marks across his ass, some of them still swollen and sensitive.

 

"Oh."

 

"Oh, OH! What do you mean oh?" Sam's voice climbed higher with each 'oh'.

 

"Must have been that chick you went off with," Dean said, trying to keep his temper in check.

 

He'd known something wasn't right, he just hadn't been able to figure out what exactly, but when he's brother had left with that woman, and acting like he'd never had sex in his life, he'd known there was no way in hell that was Sam. Sam was a dirty little bastard. He'd surprised even Dean with some of the things he'd wanted to try. He couldn't blame Sam for something he didn't do, though. Sure it was his body, but he wasn't in it at the time, no matter how much it stung that Sam had slept with someone else he just had to remember it hadn't really been Sam.

 

"What chick?" Sam asked, his voice still somewhere in the soprano range.

 

"I don't know, some woman Gary decided to lose his metaphorical virginity with," Dean slurred the pain pills starting to pull him under.

 

Sam was still trying to process the physical effects of someone else using his body, but the emotional effects might just be worse. Gary had sex with a woman using his body and on top of that he'd been forced to cheat on Dean without even being aware of it. Dean seemed to understand, but the thought of how his brother must have felt, and still feel was making him sick to his stomach. He watched his brother slipping into sleep and decided the best course of action was to take a shower and try and at least get rid of the dirty feeling he had.

 

By the time he finished in the bathroom Dean was asleep. He pulled on clothes and left a note just in case his brother woke up. He knew Dean was going to be paranoid over the next little while, he always was when Sam went missing, not that he was any better when Dean disappeared, or you know, died.

 

He knelt by the bed, brushing Dean's hair out of his face. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

 

"Not your fault," Dean mumbled still mostly asleep.

 

"I'm still sorry."

 

Dean mumbled something indecipherable.

 

"Yeah, I love you too." Sam said softly.