Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2009-10-23
Completed:
2010-08-08
Words:
37,449
Chapters:
15/15
Comments:
4
Kudos:
36
Bookmarks:
18
Hits:
1,107

Thank God He's A Country Boy

Summary:

** Fixed the title, someone was 'kind' enough to let me know I spelled it County instead of Country.... but hey, since no-one else commented on it I doubt it'll make a big difference ;p.

Seven years ago business man Jared left the place where he grew up because he didn't want to be a small town boy. He felt he was meant for greater things and left his life and love behind.
Now it's time to go back to his roots but not everything is the same as he left it.... and neither is the boyfriend he left behind all those years ago.

After Jared left him it seemed like his life was over, but he crawled back up and got his life back. Now Jared is back in town and there's no place to hide.

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: Yes, I know what you're thingking. another story!. I just... I read this story about bullriding Jared and Jensen (this is NOTHING like that thought) and I really wanted to write some delicious Cowboy!porn....
well, that turned into angst and my fingers were just flyin over the keyboard.

I'm also aware that I tend to use the same names in my stories (mostly CW people) but that's just because I want you guys to be able to really picture this person when you're reading the story.

so here it is

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text


Author's notes: So this is the first chapter of my new story. I promiss not to let my other stories hang, I HATE authors who abandan a fic and I would NEVER do that to my readers, so if you start reading one of my stories you can bet your life on it that I'll finish it. (and usually in a timely fashion too. won't make you wait for weeks for another chapter :D, mostly ;p)


Chapter 1:

 

 

Jared slammed the door of his shiny Escalade and popped the trunk to get their bags “How quaint” Genevieve muttered sarcastically as she looked at the house in front of them.

 

The trunk slammed closed and Jared placed their luggage on the ground “it's not really what we're used to, is it” and he stared at the house he grew up in.

 

Genevieve scrunched her nose “really Jared” she complained “we have three weeks off and you choose to spend it here.... on a farm” and she snorted “I know you grew up here but.... cows, Jared, seriously?”

 

The tall man stood back and watched the house, the house that held so many happy memories, the house.... and the people he had left behind seven years ago and he felt a pang of guilt and pain in his chest.

 

“I haven't been back here in seven years Genevieve” He said and he took their bags in his hands “I know you'd rather be in Martha's Vineyard but the previous year’s my parents have come to visit me, this time they wanted me to come here.... and don't you want to meet them”.

 

He carried their bags to the porch and set them down, he wiped the moisture from his brow, the Texas sun beating down mercilessly at this time of year and he sighed as his expensive suit clung to his body.

 

“Oh, my baby” A short woman emerged from the house, the screen door slamming shut behind her as she threw herself in Jared's arms “oh, sweetheart, it's so good to have you home” and she laved his face with kisses as she clasped her hands on his shoulders.

 

Jared's arms wrapped around her, slightly embarrassed from the display of affection “hey, momma” he muttered and kissed her cheek “it's good to be here” and he looked around the yard that was fenced in by paddocks and a large barn “hasn't changed a bit”.

 

She chuckled and pinched his cheek “oh” she sighed “baby, it's so good to have you here” and she hugged him again, almost unable to let go of the son that hadn't been home for about seven years “your daddy'll be so darn happy to see you baby”.

 

Jared smiled at the thick drawl of her voice, his momma was a born and bred Texan and a bonafide cowgirl from the day she was born, so were his daddy and his brother Jeff.

 

He and Megan were the only ones that hadn’t been happy with the life they were leading and when he finished High School at 19 he got out of that dusty old town as fast as he could.

 

Jared had gone to college, leaving everything in Harmony, Texas behind, including his parents and all his friends.

 

He had wanted to see the world, he wanted to see all that was out there so he'd gotten a full ride to Yale and he'd drove out of town not once looking back.

 

Now he was the CEO of a large company and he had everything he ever wanted, a great job that paid fantastically, nice house, cars and a gorgeous girlfriend, everything a man could ever want and everything he'd never had when he lived in Harmony.

 

Genevieve cleared her throat and Jared blushed having gotten lost in his musings had made him forget she was even there and he held out his hand for her to grab “momma” he said smiling “I'd like you to meet Genevieve... my girlfriend, Genevieve, this is my mother, Sherry Padalecki”.

 

Sherry's eyebrows shot up to meet her hairline and she frowned “girlfriend?” she asked confused as she looked at the girl standing next to her son “but...” and she trailed off as Genevieve grabbed her hand and shook it “nice to meet you Mrs. Padalecki” she said “Jared's told me a lot about you”.

 

The older woman pasted a smile on her face as fake as Genevieve's nails and shook the girls hand “it's uhm, nice to meet you too, dear” she replied and send a questioning look in her son's direction.

 

Then she tried to concentrate on more important things “Darlin', how bout you go throw your bags in your room and I'll make us some coffee” she smiled and looked out over the vast paddocks of the farm “your daddy and the boys will be back in an hour for lunch, let’s make sure they don't starve”.

 

Jared nodded and lifted the bags “can I freshen up a bit” Genevieve asked as she followed them into the house “we've been driving for ages and the dust here just sticks to your skin” and she smiled sweetly.

 

Sherry had to ignore the sneer she felt bubbling up and nodded her head “sure, dear” she said “Jared will show you to the bathroom” and she watched her son and his girlfriend go up the stairs “honey” she muttered to herself “if you think the dust is bad now... just you wait” and she went about making lunch for her hardworking man-folk.

 

Jared bounded down the stairs just as she was finishing making the sandwiches “hi sweetheart” she said and slapped his hand when he tried to sneak a sandwich and she turned to him “honey?” she asked as she leaned against the counter, her cowboy boots crossed at the ankles.

 

He turned to her “Yes, momma” he replied and smiled back at her when she leaned over to him, a conspiring look on her face “honey, that girl..” and she paused for a moment “is she a.. a moustache?”.

 

Jared frowned and stepped back “a... what, momma?” he asked confused and she flailed her hands around looking for the right word “you know” she said “a moustache, when a girlfriend is a fake girlfriend because you don't want people to know you have.... other preferences”.

 

Jared burst into laughter and hugged his momma close “you mean a 'beard' momma” he laughed “a fake girlfriend is called a 'beard' and no, Genevieve is not a beard, she's my real girlfriend”.

 

This made Sherry even more confused “but honey” she grabbed his arm to ensure his complete attention and she dropped her voice to a whisper “you're gay”.

 

Jared blushed and ducked his head “I'm Bi, I guess, momma” he said and smiled softly at her “I like boys and girls”.

 

Sherry frowned “are you sure?” she asked and walked over to the coffee pot to put the dark liquid into several thermos bottles to keep it warm “I mean, honey, ever since you were thirteen years old you've been...” but she trailed off and a slightly pained look crossed her face.

 

Jared saw the look on her face and blushed in shame “momma, that's all behind me now, I'm happy with Genevieve”.

 

She snorted and grabbed the tray of food “sure honey” she replied and carried the tray outside to the large table with enough seats for at least ten people “I am, momma” he reassured her, but he knew she didn't believe him.

 

“The boys will be here in a minute” She said “go get your... girlfriend and tell her lunch is served” she tried her best to sound sincere “and you might wanna advise her not to wear opentoed shoes on a farm”.

 

Jared blushed because he knew Genevieve wasn't used to farm life, she was used to spas and shopping and dinner parties, not to cows and barns with dust and sand all over the place “sure momma” he replied.

 

He marched up stairs and saw Genevieve had dressed down and he raised a brow “what are you wearing?” he asked and she looked up “I'm fitting in to my surroundings” she said.

 

Genevieve was wearing cowboy boots and jeans but both looked to brand-spanking new to belong to a real cowboy, her shirt was plaid with glitters and sequins and the hat on her head had little crystals on it, quite frankly, she looked ridiculous.

 

“Sweetheart, you don't have to try to fit in” He told her “you're perfect the way you are” and she smiled smugly “I know” she said “but this is your home” and she walked out of the room “now let's go get some grub” she fake drawled, nearly making his ears bleed and he hoped she wouldn't call his momma's food 'grub' in front of her.

 

When they walked into the kitchen they were greeted by Gerry and Jeff “Hey baby brother” Jeff's drawl teased before he pulled Jared into a bone crushing hug, Jared was always amazed that there was a person on this world that was taller than him and he wrapped Jeff up in a hug “hey, man” he replied “it's good to see you”.

 

“Come here and give your dad a hug, boy” Gerry's gruff voice demanded and he pulled his son into his arms “it's good to have you home, boy” and he cupped Jared's face in his hands, his eyes shining with happiness “damn good, boy” and he hugged Jared again.

 

It made Jared feel guilty for waiting so long to return to his home town and his family.

 

He introduced Genevieve to his dad and Jeff and Jeff pretty much had the same reaction as his mom but he had the brains not to voice it in front of Genevieve “well” Gerry drawled | let's go outside because your mother has prepared a feast and I thought I heard her say something about apple crumble for desert”.

 

They walked out of the house and Jared looked at the half dozen men already surrounding the table, either sitting or standing but chatting amongst themselves, typical cowboys, boots, jeans, chaps and hats firmly in place as they praised his mother for the food making her blush and giggle.

 

One man in particular grabbed his attention, he was standing next to his mother with his back towards Jared and what a back it was.

 

Worn boots encased feet and chaps ran up strong legs, Jared licked his lips when he saw the chaps end and the jeans began, the perfect curve of the man's ass, firm and round in tight denim.

 

A tight black shirt stretched across broad shoulders, the delicate but oh so enticing dip and curve of the man's spine, he gasped softly when the man turned around and Jared's eyes went to the front of his pants and even from here he could see the man filled his jeans well, a large buckle accentuating the area.

 

The man's chest was hard and defined, broad arms from long days working on the farm “thanks momma” the man's voice was rough but loving as it addressed his mother as 'momma' and Jared's eyes flew to the man's face.

 

“Jen” He whispered and the man's head snapped up fast as a whip, sparkling green eyes turning hard as stone, soft plush lips drawing into a tight line of anger as the man took him in.

 

Jared had fantasized about this moment, convinced that it was never going to happen anyway, that he would never see the man again, he had imagined what Jensen would say to him when they met again but the next words were the last thing he ever thought the green-eyed man would say “what the fuck are you doing here”.

 

Jensen's voice was harsh and tight as he took a step towards Jared, the denim and leather stretching around his legs and Jared couldn't help but notice where Genevieve looked like a fool Jensen looked like sex on legs, a cowboy 'salt of the earth, the only real men left' his nana would say.

 

All Jared could do was just stand there and watch the man he once called his best friend “Hi, y'all” and Jared winced when Genevieve threaded her arm through his and tried to drawl the words “I'm Jared's girlfriend, it's nice to meet you”.

 

Jensen's eyes narrowed and Jared couldn't tell if it was because of Genevieve's statement or her fake drawl, Jared knew that Jensen hated people who thought they were better than southerners.

 

A sneer drew across Jensen's face and he smiled fake “well possum on a gum bush, ma'am” he said sarcastically, his drawl even thicker than usual and it sent a shot of heat right to Jared's cock “how nice to meet you”.

 

His actions belied his words as Jensen turned and ignored the both of them as he walked to the other end of the table to join the other cowboys for lunch “Jensen, honey” Jared watched as his mother frowned and looked at where Jensen was sitting “what are you doin' all the way o'er there”.

 

Jensen dropped the sneer and smiled at her “just wanted a change of scenery, momma” he said “I figure those fancy folks that are visiting don't wanna sit next to me” and he looked straight at Jared “I'm not good enough for the likes of 'em”.

 

The other men had been watching the exchange with interest and a burly cowboy next to Jensen shot Jared a venomous look “Jenny just wants to sit here because the male comp'ny on this and of the table is way better” and he grinned at Sherry “though now he's gotta miss you're sparklin' personality Mrs. P.”