Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2009-04-08
Completed:
2009-05-10
Words:
31,074
Chapters:
11/11
Kudos:
48
Bookmarks:
19
Hits:
1,708

I Dare You

Summary:

Jensen has been secretly in love with Jared for a while, but Jared has been seeing Genevieve. Can he win Jared's heart, Sandy thinks so, she thinks that Jared and Jensen are made for each other, now all they have to do, is make Jared see that.

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: Ok, so this is the first story I'm gonna try with them that isn't AU, so please be gentle, also this will be the first top!Jensen and Bottom!Jared story.....

I'm not American, I'm Dutch so sometimes you will find spelling errors and faulty grammer ( I do put all chapters through a spelling checker so it should be kept to a minimum)
I am aware that this could bother some people, but my readers so far haven't had much trouble with it. therefore unless people start sending me reviews like 'girls, that ain't a story, that's alphabet soup!' I choose to stay un-beta'd, I hope you'll still find the stories good and readable.

thank you for reading, love you all- AA

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text


Author's notes: The start of a new story is always exciting, you never know how your readers will react.


Chapter 1:

 

 

“Will you two clowns focus for one goddamn minute” Erik's voice exasperated as he sank down in the directors chair “We're losing light and you two jokers not paying attention isn't helping all that much”.

 

Jared pulled off of Jensen and grinned at Erik “sorry” he said and Jensen smiled as he swatted at Jared's hands who were grabbing at him “blame the person who gave the gigantor sugar” he said as he tried to get away from Jared's grabbing hands.

 

Erik sighed “Ackles, it was probably you who gave him the damn sugar, because got knows you can't deny that boy anything”.

 

Jared chuckled and gripped Jensen in a headlock “aww, don't blame Jenny here for not being able to resist me, you know he has a huge crush on me” Jared joked not noticing Jensen's sudden blush.

 

“Screw you, asshole” Jensen chuckled as he pushed the large man off of him “you know you wanna jump my bones”.

 

Jared laughed and pulled away “in your dreams pretty boy” and he dusted off his clothes “Ok” he said to Erik “I'm good, we can continue”.

 

Erik sighed again “Ok, people, his majesty is ready, lets wrap this up”.

 

When they finished the scene Jensen scrambled away to his trailer just in time to hear his phone ringing in his pocket.

 

He smiled at the display as he read the name and flipped it open “Sandy” he said a laugh in his voice “how's it going in sunny LA?”.

 

A giggle was heard from the other end and Jensen smiled, he had missed that giggle since Sandy and Jared split up “Hey, Jenny” she replied “all is well on this end of the world”.

 

Jensen sank down on the couch in his trailer and uncapped a bottle of water “how's the dance studio coming along?” he asked, knowing that the Dance studio she was setting up for less fortunate kids was one of her passions in life.

 

A sigh was heard “well if the damn contractor would just do what the hell I'm telling him to, it would be just fine, but the man insists on being an ass”.

 

Jensen laughed “just give him a taste of the McCoy charm and he'll be like silly putty in your hands”.

 

Sandy laughed “speaking of charm” she said and Jensen tensed, knowing what's about to come “how's the 'get Jared to fall stupidly in love with me' plan?” she asked.

 

Jensen sighed “damn you for ever finding that out” he said and she chuckled “Jen, no offence, but a blind mule could see that you're in love with the man”.

 

Jensen grunted and rubbed the back of his neck “you know, it kinda freaks me out how cool you are about this” he said “I mean, you're his ex-fiance, shouldn't you be all mad and jealous like?”.

 

Sandy giggled and Jensen wished once more that she was sitting next to him, the world just seemed a bit brighter when Sandy McCoy was giggling next to you “because I am a realist and I know that the two of you would be great together” she said.

 

Jensen sighed once more “if only HE would feel that way” he muttered “it drives me insane seeing him with Genevieve”.

 

A snort came from the other line “that woman brings out the bitchy ex-girlfriend in me” Sandy said, disdain colouring her voice “I don't know what the hell he's doing with her, and really, don't get me started on that name change of hers”.

 

Jensen chuckled and pictured Sandy's sweet face all crumpled up in anger and her little nose scrunched up in distaste “easy there kitty” he said “retract those claws of yours”.

 

A knock on the door startled him “what?” he yelled at the interruption.

 

“Can I come in?” Jared's voice asked from the other side and Jensen sighed into the phone “it's him” and louder he said “yeah, come on in”.

 

Jared's 6ft4 frame darkened the doorway and he stepped into the trailer, making it seem even smaller in his presence “who're you talking to?” he asked pointing at the phone “Danneel?”.

 

Jensen scoffed “do you even listen when I talk to you Sasquatch, me and Danny split up, she went back to that other guy, uhm Riley or something”.

 

Jared nodded as he remembered “oh, right” and he sat down on the couch, way to close for Jensen's comfort... or not close enough, depending on how you looked at it.

 

“Actually” Jensen said “it's your ex” and Jared looked up frowning “Sandy?” he asked and Jensen nodded “why would you be on the phone with Sandy?”.

 

Jensen smiled and handed the phone to Jared “she want's to talk to you” he said and Jared flinched “oh god, what did you tell her this time?”.

 

“Hey, Sandy” he spoke into the phone and was assaulted by a high pitched voice telling him that he should dump that bitch and find that perfect person “who says that she ain't it” Jared said stubbornly.

 

Jensen could hear Sandy's voice but couldn't make out the words she was saying but they were turning Jared a scarlet red and he giggled at Jared's blush.

 

Jared looked up and scowled “Dude?” he asked cutting Sandy off mid speech “did you just giggle?”.

 

Jensen blushed and ducked his head “no” he said embarrassed and then grinned at Jared “maybe... but then I didn't just get my ass handed to me by a 5ft3 girl”.

 

Jared scowled at his best friend and said bye to Sandy, Jensen could hear her spluttering on the other end but Jared just flipped the phone off, effectively shutting her up.

 

“That wasn't very nice of you” Jensen said as he snatched the phone back from Jared, ignoring the tingle in his stomach when their fingers brushed.

 

Jared chuckled “she'll forgive me” he said “we might not date anymore, but that girl loves me just as much as I live her... we're just better off as friends”.

 

Jensen nodded “she does love you” and then he grinned “but don't think she won't rip you a new one if you hang up on her again, girls got a temper like nothing I've ever seen”.

 

Jared laughed and slapped Jensen's thigh “afraid of a little girl” he joked, not noticing Jensen's blush at the innocent touch.

 

Jensen's face turned into a playful scowl “nope” he replied “I've got nothing to fear from her, you on the other hand” and they continued bantering playfully until there was a knock on the door “guys” it was Erik's voice.

 

“yeah” they said in unison and laughed as Erik entered with an amused look on his face “Okay, tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, the lights gone so we're gonna continue tomorrow” and the boys whooped.

 

“Glad to see you guys love your work so much” Erik said sarcastically and they grinned “we do” Jared said “but we like off time too” Jensen finished and Erik rolled his eyes “fucking frick and frack”.

 

Jensen and Jared grinned at each other and made their way to Jared's truck “so, madden?” Jared said and Jensen nodded vigorously “I'm gonna kick your ass, Padalecki” he joked.

 

Jared grinned “oh shut up” he said “you know you'd rather kiss it” and Jensen nearly choked on air “fuck Jen” Jared said as he slapped Jensen's back to clear his airway “the trick is to keep breathing, ok” he joked and Jensen glared at him “fucking smart ass” Jensen growled.

 

Jared blissfully oblivious of Jensen's infatuation got into the car and opened Jensen's door form the inside “get in, pretty” he said and winked at Jensen.

 

'Shit' Jensen thought 'and then he wonders why people think we're a couple, when he keeps saying shit like that'.

 

Jensen sat down and buckled the seatbelt “try to get us home in one piece ok Schumacher” he joked and chuckled at Jared sneer.

 

Jared got them home in record time, Jensen swore that every time Jared got behind a wheel he was dead set on setting another record for fasted land speed.

 

They made their way into the house where they were greeted by two enthusiastic dogs who jumped and drooled all over them the second they stepped across the threshold “hey guys” Jared crooked to the animals and petted them and ruffled their fur.

 

Jensen scratched the dogs behind the ears and below their chins “have a good day, huh, terrors” he joked as he made his way into the living room he and Jared shared.

 

Jensen still couldn't believe sometimes that he was living with the man he was in love with, sometimes his life seemed so strange, they were best friends, did everything together.... well not EVERYTHING.

 

Jensen looked around the house “he lived with Jared, slept in the same house but not the same bed, which he desperately wanted to.

 

He watched the taller man move around the kitchen and was once more dumbstruck with the beauty and grace that was Jared Padalecki.

 

It should be illegal for a man to look like that, tall as a house, muscles bulging under soft skin, almond shaped eyes and that smile, he shouldn't get started on Jared smile.

 

When Jared smiled it was like the sun broke through the clouds, no matter how dark the day was, those dimples just mate the whole world seem lighter and better and when Jared smiled that huge smile of his parts of Jensen, that weren't visible to the outside world, spontaneously started to do a happy dance.

 

And if Jared had been a total dick he could have dealt with it, but the thing was Jared was the most gentle person he had ever met in his entire life.

 

Jared didn't have a mean bone in his body, he always had a smile at the ready and did everything humanly possible to make the people around him feel loved and wanted.

 

So there it was, all the reasons why Jensen lay in bed every night, dreaming of soft brown locks and hazel eyes, the reasons why he couldn't stop thinking about Jared even if he tried and he had, tried and tried until he couldn't remember his own name, but one name he never forgot, Jared and the feelings he had for his younger co-star.

 

“Jen!” Jared's insistent voice brought him back from his little reverie “huh?” he said and Jared chuckled “Dude” he laughed “I've been calling your name for like a minute, where did you go?”.

 

Jensen smiled softly “nowhere, Jay” he said “I'm right here” and Jared chuckled again “could've fooled me man.

 

The reheated the Chinese left overs from the other day and sank down onto the couch “Jen” Jared said, serious all of a sudden.

 

Jensen turned towards his friend “what, Jay?” he asked.

 

Jared nervously fumbled with his fingers “you know it's okay with me, right” he said and Jensen froze, Jared had somehow found out that Jensen was in love with him.

 

“I mean, it's okay if you and Sandy are...” and the younger man trailed off.

 

A puzzled look appeared on Jensen's face “huh?” he said “ok if me and Sandy.... what, talk on the phone, no offence Jay, but I hardly think she and I need permission for that”.

 

Jared blushed and ducked his head “No... I mean, I know you like Sandy, and I would be okay with the two of you..... dating”.

 

Jensen sprayed his bear all over the table as he nearly choked on it, his breathing was heavy and he was working hard to not piss his pants with laughter “what” he belted out and laughed at Jared's embarrassed expression.

 

“I mean, I like her, and I like you, you two deserve to be happy”.

 

Jensen was having a hard time not to laugh in Jared's face... and he was failing miserably “Jare” he said, laughter in his voice “trust me when I say, Sandy and I are NOT together”.

 

Jared looked up “but you've been calling her regularly and when she's on the phone you always smile that smile”.

 

Jensen raised a brow “smile that smile” he said as he grinned “what the hell does that mean, I have a smile smile?”.

 

Jared nodded profusely “it's that 'I'm real happy right not' smile, it's different from your 'I'm talking to a fan and it slightly amuses me' smile”.

 

Jensen gawked at Jared and placed his hand on the younger mans forehead “are you feeling okay?” he asked and Jared batted his hand away.

 

“Yeah, I just thought you should know, that I'm ok with it” Jared explained.

 

Jensen smiled and patted Jared on the shoulder “thanks for the vote of confidence man, but me and Sandy are just good friends” he said “nothing more and nothing less”.

 

Jared smiled “ok” and Jensen frowned “you're kinda weird, Jay” he said and Jared just laughed “I know”.

 

Jensen was losing all the games, not alerting Jared that he was doing that on purpose, but he was living the way Jared looked when he won, all happy smiled and them mock puppy eyes at Jensen for loosing.

 

The next game Jensen won, just to make sure Jared's ego wouldn't go through the roof “Sorry, Jay” Jensen said as he slapped Jared's knee “statistics man, you were bound to lose sooner or later”.

 

Jared opened his mouth to say something but the phone went off, Jensen silently cursed the person on the other end of the line as they interrupted his time with Jared.

 

“Hey, Gen” Jensen rolled his eyes as the name left Jared's lips, it was the shrew. God he hated that woman.

 

He had hated her the second she set foot on the set and laid her eyes on Jared, Jensen had recognised that look of interest within two seconds since it was the look in his own eyes when he looked at Jared.

 

He hated her, she was tiny and she couldn't talk properly, she was annoying, she always interrupted them when they were hanging out, but mostly he hated her because she had what he wanted and would never have, Jared.

 

He watched Jared's face as he talked to her, not the face he was used to when Jared would talk to Sandy, this was less happy, more subdued and it gave Jensen hope that maybe Genevieve would not be around for much longer.

 

He watched Jared's hand brush a stray strand of hair from his eyes and his own fingers ached to touch, to run his hands through that ridiculously sexy hair and just pull that smiling mouth down to his.

 

God, the fantasies he'd had about kissing Jared, if kissing Jared would be half as good as he thought they would be than they would blow his mind.

 

But he would never find out, that is unless Erik decided to please the fans and write in an episode that was heavy on the Wincest.

 

He waved his hand to Jared, indicating that he was going to sleep.

 

Jared nodded and kept on talking to the woman on the other end, Jensen walked to his bedroom, not noticing Jared's confused gaze on his back.