Actions

Work Header

Intent of Desire

Summary:

Jared Padalecki, rich, sophisticated, with a car to kill for, and a reputation to die for; his stepsister, Sandy McCoy, as viciously cunning as she is beautiful; Jensen Ackles, middle-class, seemingly naïve, with a bit of a past. When a wager is made, and the stakes are high, who will win in the end? Jared or Sandy, and will Jensen be the casualty?

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: This story was written for lady_vader67 who won me at Sweet Charity. I would just like to say that the challenge she gave me was amazingly inspiring, and this monster of a story really took on a life all it’s own, but I find that I’m quite proud of it, and will need to be replacing my panty drawer because of it. My sister, Lissa can vouch for me on that!

As always this story was beta’d by my lovely sister, Lissa. So mistakes are to be blamed on her, and her ass will be made available for all of your salting and burning needs.

Chapter 1: ONE

Chapter Text

“Intent of Desire”

By C.K. Blake

 

The rumble of the V8 engine always gives him a thrill of excitement, gets his blood boiling. He remembers demanding the car after his father came back from Niagara Falls with a drunk for a wife and providing him with the bitchiest stepsister in the world. Still, while she’s a bitch, that doesn’t take away from the fact that she’s a pint size, demure, and seductive creature.

 

He’s spent many a night with his hand around his dick and her on his mind, and she won’t have him, just taunts and teases and pisses him off beyond reason. He is determined to find a way to have her just so that he can throw her away afterward like the piece of expensive trash that she is.

 

Sandy McCoy is tricky however. She always has been with her coy dark looks, her hair tumbling down her back, able to pull off seductive tiger one moment and then docile kitten the next. She’s been in the game as a wolf among lambs all of her life, and even though Jared Padalecki is just as accomplished in the game as she, it’s still hard to play by her rules while slipping in his own.

 

He pulls in past the gate, parks in the cul-de-sac right in front of the house. It’s a shame his father’s abroad on business in France with Sandy’s mother swimming at his side, because his father hates it when he parks the supercharged ’66 Shelby GT 350, one of only eleven factory built, in front of the house. Still it’s Jared’s pride and joy. Nothing comes between him and his pretty girl, black with a pair of gold racing stripes running along the hood, roof and trunk of the car.

 

The black leather bucket seats cushion his ass just right, the engine has a little growl to her purr, and she’s everything he could want in a car, sleek curves, enough chrome not to be a pussy ride, easy on the stick, and rides like a wet dream. His Shelby is a one of kind girl. The kind he’s hell bent on never giving up.

 

The rumble of her sweet engine softens as he cuts her off. He lovingly strokes her steering wheel, opens the car door and gets out. He feels eyes on him as he drags his fingers along her well-kept, waxed hood, and looks up.

 

He sighs as his eyes lock with Sandy’s dark brown gaze. She lifts a brow, a smirk pulling at her lips and he feels his stomach coil with desire, because his dick has taken notice, it can’t help but take notice. She cocks her head, pushes away from the column, and her hips roll as she sways them noticeable while descending the front steps of the house.

 

“Daddy Dearest wouldn’t be too pleased to see that car in the drive. You know the garage is off to the side. Feeling a little rebellious again?” she asks sickeningly sweet and coyly.

 

Jared snorts. “My high minded father and your drowning mother are off on business, lest you’ve forgotten. Something about oil negotiations in the middle east with all the big wheels meeting in the city of lights. Why they call Paris that and not Vegas is beyond me though. Now cut the shit. What do you want, Sandy?”

 

She pulls out the best pout she has in her arsenal, and deep down Jared knows he can outdo it with his patented puppy dog eyes, but why bother? She never pays his expressions much attention. She’s too busy working on her next angle.

 

“Well, I’m bored,” she lets out in a huff. “Left all alone to my own devices once school lets out, and no one to play with. All you ever do is go to school, fuck your way through models and heiresses, and drive that car around. You never come home to play with your sweet, lonely sister.”

 

“Thanks, but I like having all parts attached, Sandy. And what happened to that little study group of yours? Or that sorority you’re in?” he asks with a raised brow.

 

She shrugs. “Too predictable,” she whispers huskily as she draws up against him, pressing her petite frame flush against his tall, hard body. A predatory smile tugs at her lips as her small right hand covers and squeezes his growing arousal, and her eyes follow the path of his tongue swiping across his lips.

 

“Oh I love that I can do this to you. And that you’ll never fuck me the way you want to. Tell me, Jared, how does that make you feel?” she says, gives his crotch one more playful squeeze, and then completely moves away.

 

He snatches at her hand and jerks her back to him. She doesn’t even struggle, just meets his blazing hazel eyes with a hard stare of her own and a smirk claiming her mouth as he bends down, stopping short of their lips meeting, their breathing mingling. He narrows his eyes and snaps, “You’re a fucking cock tease, but I’m gonna fuck you one of these days, bet your sweet little ass on that.”

 

She laughs, a bubbly, musical sound filtering from her lips as she says, “A bet? I like a good wager. I’ve got just the terms, now that you bring it up, brother dearest.”

 

Jared feels a chill sweep up his spine and lets her go. She traces a hand across his chest, and slips up behind him, pressing against his back as she leans up on her tiptoes to breathe against his ear, “If you win you’ll get my sweet ass however you want it. Hell, I’ll throw in the whole package, ass, tits, and oh yes they are very real, my pussy. I’ll ride you, suck you, let you pound away to your heart’s content, whenever, however, wherever for a whole week. But if I win… Oh Jared,” she says in a moan and her hand slips down his abdomen, trailing along the zipper of his designer jeans. “If I win I get your precious car. I mean you sign that little chrome bitch over to me.”

 

“No deal,” Jared growls and steps away from her, spinning around to face her.

 

She snorts and cocks her head to the side. “You haven’t even heard the terms, what the wager is. Come on now, it’ll be fun. We both like a good game. Are you scared?”

 

“Of you? You’re the one that should be scared,” Jared says with a leer and a smirk of his own.

 

She lets out a chuckle. “There’s the brother I know wants to fuck me.”

 

Jared rolls his eyes, watches as Sandy runs a well-manicured red nail down his girl, and grits his teeth. He hates that he’s curious about this new game, hates that Sandy’s touching his car, asking that his car be a part of the bet. Still it’s his curiosity that’s his most damning fault.

 

“Still interested?” she asks with a smirk, knowing she’s got him hook, line, and sinker. He hates that too, that she knows him that well.

 

“I might be, toss it at me, and if it sounds doable, then you’re on, but right now, so early in the game I still got the option to back out if I want,” Jared replies.

 

She shrugs. “Fair enough, but never let it be said that a Padalecki bows out of a challenge. Follow me.”

 

She sashays past him, up the stairs and into the house. He rolls his eyes at her theatrics, and soon finds himself sitting in one of the plump leather chairs in his father’s study, which would more aptly be described as a small, private library. He feigns a yawn and stretches his legs out, waiting on her to dangle the proverbial mouse before his eyes.

 

“Your reputation precedes you, Jared. That whole you can seduce anyone, are capable of fucking anyone and breaking them. Your reputation is almost as despicable as mine is flawless. So I’ll put your talents to the test.”

 

“I’m listening,” Jared replies, as he examines his nails in seeming boredom.

 

“There’s a new transfer. He’s from the technical college in Richardson, a long way from home. So obviously to get into Caulfield University, fastly the most prestigiously growing university in Texas, he had to work really hard. He’s on a scholarship, and oddly enough, my charms don’t work on him. Seems he’s not interested in getting attached on either the masculine or feminine side of the fence, and he’s one those bleeding heart poor but determined to succeed types. I know it’s beneath you to involve yourself with common and middle class people but the boy’s asexual as far as I’ve seen. So if you’re as good as you claim to be, as bad as your reputation states, then I’m sure you can handle him. And once you have him, fuck him, and break him, then you have little ol’ me to look forward to. How’s that sound?”

 

“You can’t nail him, so you’ve decided to call in a pro. I see. What am I missing here, Sandy? What’s the catch?” he asks.

 

She shrugs and smiles that hungry smile of hers. “No catch, just a game. Easy enough. I’ll give you two weeks. Oh and he’s perfectly healthy from what I’ve seen, not bad on the eyes, a little rough and obviously poor around the edges, but there’s a lot to work with. Should be an easy win for you, right?”

 

His stomach churns, and he knows something’s up, because she wouldn’t give him an easy win without something in it for herself. She seems to notice that. She rolls her eyes and sighs. “Fine, if you don’t believe me. Here’s a picture,” she says and reaches behind her on his father’s desk and hands him a small three by five glossy photo.

 

He looks down at the picture, it’s of a guy walking across the grounds of the university to his next class, a backpack slung over his shoulder, glasses on his nose, short dark blonde hair, not a bad build. Jared gives a nod, and then looks up with a smug smile. “Consider it done, and maybe you should think about updating your lingerie collection. I’m thinking you’d be pretty in pink lace,” he replies and blows her a kiss as he gets to his feet and walks out the door.

 

He turns the picture over and sees the address for the dorms on the back, and a room number. She’s given him all he needs. This should be a no brainer, and then he’ll finally get to scratch the itch he’s had since first laying eyes on Sandra McCoy. First things first though, he’s got a bet to win.

 

----------

 

He sighs as he lets himself fall back into the rolling desk chair and then wheels himself to the small desk on his side of the dorm room. He opens his laptop and connects to the Internet, intent on checking his email, expecting to hear from his baby sister about her love life, and from his momma about his older brother’s latest mishap with his newborn son.

 

He figures he’ll work on gathering background on the poem he’s chosen for his next paper. He wonders how the professor will like his take on William Ernest Henley’s “Invictus”. Hopefully better than the asshole back at Tech.

 

A smile tugs at his mouth as he opens his email and notices his mom’s email address at the top of the bunch. He figures he better start with her first. He opens it and sighs halfway through.

 

It’s obvious that your brother has much to learn about changing diapers. Good lord, why Missy leaves him alone with the baby at all is enough to give me more gray hair than I already have, but Michael’s doing well and getting so big. Just wait till you come down to visit! You’ll love him to pieces!

 

Now how about telling me how you’re doing? All you ever do is write back with questions about Josh and Kenzie and your Dad. I wanna know about my baby boy too! *wink* So anyone new in your life? Someone interesting? You’ll have to tell me all about her. There is someone? You can’t hold on to Danneel forever, baby. I know how you are.

 

You better be eating. If you come home and lost even one pound I’m gonna be driven to fatten you up again. We miss you, Jen. Call sometime.

 

Love, Mom

 

He clicks out of the browser and takes in a shuddering breath. He knows his mom means well, she’s his mom after all, but he wishes she’d quit hassling him about his love life. Things haven’t been right in so long, and now he’s in San Antonio. Away from Richardson, and Danneel and the daughter that isn’t his, but Adam’s. He lets out a shaky breath and wonders what hurts more, losing his girlfriend to his best friend, or losing his best friend. Maybe it’s that he was there during the pregnancy, wanting a family more than anything only to have Adam swoop in after the birth and take over.

 

He pulls back from the desk, reaches in his back pocket for his wallet and takes it out. He thumbs through it, seeing pictures of his little sister McKenzie, a picture of his older brother Josh and his wife Missy and little Michael just after he was born. Then he comes to the last two pictures, one with his head on Danneel’s shoulder his hands clasped over the slight bump of her abdomen, and the next picture, the only picture he has of Lacey, barely a couple of weeks old, lying down in her crib, fast asleep and peaceful. Taken on the same night he learned that she wasn’t his.

 

He closes his eyes and wonders what would have happened if his mother hadn’t sent all of his information to Caulfield University? He’d thrown his all into his studies after losing Danneel, and worse a little girl that he’d wanted so badly.

 

He leans forward, his elbows on his knees, the picture of Lacey still in his hands. He closes his eyes as a shudder racks his body, and then he gets up, moves over to his bed and lets a fist fly. He pulls back, the picture dropping to the floor as he cradles his now aching right hand, the knuckles split and a hole in the wall.

 

“Shit,” he says, and then falls back on the twin bed on his side of the room and lets out a huff.

 

He’s twenty-three years old, surprised he’d been allowed to stay in the dorms until he found a way to afford a place in town nearby, and then he goes and does something stupid like punch a hole in the wall. It’s all over and done with, Danneel’s been out of his life for over a year, so has Lacey and Adam. He’s got a full ride to a new, prestigious college after working his ass off in Tech to get the credits he needed to go to a place like this, and all to pursue a degree in English and Literature.

 

He just has to remember his priorities, getting ahead, remembering the struggles his parents went through raising three kids on a budget that damn near consisted of paycheck to paycheck living for years.

 

He takes in a shaky breath to calm himself and then stiffens at the sound of a knock on the door. He rolls his eyes, probably another one of Tom’s friends. Tom Welling, an all around popular guy, here on a football scholarship, their star quarterback.

 

He sighs and resigns himself to facing another one of Tom’s fan club at the door, looking to see the guy who’s hardly ever home, so to speak.

 

He pulls the door open and his eyes widen, as he has to look up to see the man practically draped in his doorway. He takes a step back and notices the calculating hazel eyes looking over him with surprise at first, and then like he’s something to eat. The guy’s brown hair is kind of long and flops in his face, and he moves forward like a cat. He swallows thickly and wonders why there’s heat pooling in his stomach as the guy just walks in like he owns the place and looks around the room.

 

“If you’re looking for Tom, he’s out,” he manages.

 

The guy shrugs and cocks his head as he spares a glance to the hole on the wall. “Actually, I could care less about a dumb jock. I was kind of looking for you. You are Jensen Ackles right?” he asks.

 

Jensen’s green eyes widen, and he notices the glint of metal on the guy’s wrist, a watch. A very expensive looking watch. He swallows thickly thinking to the forty dollar Timex Ironman on his own wrist and wonders why a guy like this would be looking for him.

 

“Yeah, that’s me. Something I can help you with?” he asks, and feels himself flush under the guy’s scrutiny as the guy takes a seat on his bed and examines his well kept nails like he’s bored. He blows his hair back from his face and then looks up at Jensen again, a glint in his eyes as flips his hair back from his eyes.

 

“I was interested in getting some help on a paper. My Creative Writing class is kicking my ass and I heard around campus you’re the man to see. Usually I’d go to my sister for help, but you’re doing better than she is, so I figured that I’d get help from the best. Think you can handle that? I could pay you for tutoring me, no big deal. Name a price and consider it money in the bank,” the guy says nonchalantly, and Jensen sees red.

 

He glares down at the cocky rich kid sitting on his bed and looking down at his nails like he could care less about whatever class he’s taking, and it sickens Jensen. How can anyone just get away with buying off their grade?

 

“I don’t write essays for cash or for assholes like you, now get the hell out,” Jensen growls.

 

Jared snorts and leans forward. “Wasn’t that kind of deal. I can write just fine, I just wanted someone to help me kick around a few ideas and maybe look over the drafts. Kind of like an editor. I’m Jared Padalecki, and I don’t need to buy a grade off of anyone if that’s what you’re thinking. Just figured I needed a little extra curricular help, because I hate turning in second-rate work, and you could use a little cash. I mean if you’re planning on knocking a wall out to get more room, a little extra money in the bank could help with the renovations, right?”

 

Jensen looks past Jared’s head toward the whole in the wall and knows that Jared’s got something over him.

 

“Fine, but if you were here for tutoring where’re your books, and whatever it is you want me to look over?” Jensen answers.

 

Jared smiles like a cat that’s caught the canary, and Jensen’s not entirely comfortable with that. “I left my books and laptop with a friend of mine. It’s not too far off, just up the road. Grab a jacket and we’ll drive down there. I’m even feeling generous, so I hope you’re up to a cup of coffee.”

 

“What? You don’t always feel generous?” Jensen bites out, wondering where this seemingly new temper of his is coming from, because usually he’s polite.

 

Jared lifts a brow at him. “If you’d rather pay, help yourself. Makes no difference to me. I was just raised to be polite. I’d think a good ol’ Texas homegrown boy like yourself would appreciate it.”

 

“Fuck you. I don’t need money thrown at me,” Jensen growls as he pulls on his jacket, grabs his keys and wallet from the desk, and looks expectantly at Jared. Jared grins at him, all boyish, but something calculating beneath, as he gets to his feet, amazingly graceful for someone his size, and heads toward the door. Jensen follows him out with a scowl.

 

The scowl doesn’t stay on Jensen’s face for long when he sees the car that Jared is leading them too. She’s a real beauty, a ’66 Shelby GT 350 if he’s not mistaken. Only eleven of those babies came out of the factory. She’s a beauty with a gorgeous black finish and gold racing stripes across her top.

 

“Might wanna close your mouth, unless you wanna catch flies,” Jared says with a smirk.

 

Jensen does just that. He watches as Jared unlocks the door of the car and fits behind the wheel, and he’s amazed someone so tall could fit behind the wheel of the car, but Jared manages with grace. He then shakes himself and opens the passenger door, slipping inside. He buckles the seatbelt and runs his hand across the dash in awe. His brother would kill just to catch a glimpse of this car on the road and here he is in it. Even if a spoiled rich kid is behind the wheel, nothing could ruin this moment for him.

 

Then Jared opens his mouth just to prove him wrong. “So there’s this little hotspot down the road and around the corner, Cybergenics Café, my buddy Mike owns the place, and since I’m still feeling generous, your first cup is on me, but gotta tell you, the coffee there is like crack. You get addicted fast.”

 

“Cybergenics?” Jensen says with a thick swallow and wide eyes.

 

He’s heard of the place, it’s where all the rich kids hang out. He knows he wouldn’t be welcomed there and he shudders to think of what the price of coffee would be. He spares a glance at Jared as he turns the key in the ignition, takes in the designer jeans and shirt, the expensive looking watch. Jared is money, he screams it, and as Jared shifts the car in gear and pulls out Jensen looks down at himself. Faded, well-worn blue jeans, scuffed sneakers, a damn near threadbare, faded Lynard Skynard t-shirt. He knows without a doubt that he’s way out of his league.

 

He nervously pushes his glasses back up his nose, grateful that his parents had insisted on the wire-framed glasses before he’d gotten on the bus bound for San Antonio. He couldn’t imagine the black, square rimmed glasses he used to have fitting in with where he’s going.

 

He flushes again and wonders what he’s gotten himself into.

 

----------

 

Jared pulls into the parking lot of the café with a smile on his face and turns to Jensen, noticing that the guy looks like he’s freaking out a little. Jared turns to look at him, and despite the obvious middle class look of the guy, he’s gorgeous. That picture Sandy took of Jensen hardly does the boy justice, and it gives him a sense of pleasure that Sandy’s charms seemingly have no effect on the guy. Maybe it means the guy has taste, preferably taste akin to Jared.

 

He’s first out of the car, and with a little hesitation, Jensen gets out and follows him into the café. He sees Jensen pull his beat up looking wallet out of his back pocket, nervously going through it, and Jared rolls his eyes and snatches the wallet out of his hands, putting it in his own back pocket. Jensen scowls at him.

 

“I already told you, Jen, I’m feeling generous. This is my treat.”

 

Jensen lets out a huff and narrows his eyes at Jared, and Jared really wants to snatch Jensen’s glasses too, not that the glasses aren’t sexy, but to see those eyes without the glasses would be nice too.

 

“Ever thought of contacts?” Jared asks.

 

Jensen rolls his eyes. “Yeah, and it’s kind of expensive as far as my budget is concerned,” he hisses.

 

Jared simply shrugs it off and then Jensen snaps, “So am I here as your charity case or are we here to work on your paper or whatever?”

 

“Relax, we’re here for a little bit of both and maybe more if you’re lucky,” Jared says with a pointed glance, his tongue slipping across his upper lip, a brow arched in challenge.

 

Jensen shakes his head, his hands clenching in fists at his side. He wants to bolt, or punch that smug smirk off of Jared’s pretty boy face, maybe both. This is a mistake and he’s seriously considering just walking out and marching straight back to his dorm room, rather than allow himself to be jerked around by this rich asshole.

 

Before he can decide on an appropriate action an arm descends across his shoulder. He jolts at the unexpected contact. He turns his head and faces the brightest smile he’s ever seen, a smile that promises mischief and mayhem galore. He pulls away, and meets the guy’s blue eyes, and notices how his bald head almost gleams in the fluorescent lighting of the café.

 

“Wow, Jay, he’s touchy. A new project, I’m guessing?” the bald guy asks with a grin.

 

Jared laughs and shakes his head. “Naw, Mike. This is Jensen Ackles, he beat out Sandy in Comparative Lit, and since I only get my papers looked at by the best, he’s it. Took a lot to get him here, so be nice, you might end up with a new patron, if your coffee proves to his liking.”

 

“Coffee,” Mike barks out and shakes his head. “It’s more than just coffee Jay! Lattes, Mochaccinos, Frappaccinos, Cappuccinos, pastries, Mocha Lattes, double shots, triple shots, decaf, skim, soy, whip cream, hazelnut, and I’m not even talking about my kinks! So a little love and respect for my baby!”

 

Jared watches in amusement as Mike finally offers his hand for Jensen to shake and Jensen looks at it skeptically, like he’s trying to figure out whether Mike will bite him or not.

 

Mike finally just snatches the man’s hand and gives it a firm shake, before securing his arm across Jensen’s shoulder and guiding him over to the register and saying, “First cup is on the house and the rest are on Jay’s tab, so feel free to get whatever you want. Any friend of Jay’s that can one up that little bitch Sandy is all right in my book.”

 

About ten minutes later, after getting the menu translated, Jensen finds himself sitting in a booth near the back, Jared’s laptop open and facing him, Jared next to him, practically glued to his side as he sips at the frothy Mochaccino Latte thing that Mike had made up for him. He has to admit the damn thing is pretty good. Jared goes through a couple of file folders on his laptop and finally opens a document.

 

Jensen sighs, adjusts his glasses and looks at the document. He reads through it, immediately finding himself engrossed, until he reaches the sixth page and finds that the two lead characters, both male, are kissing. He pulls back and then turns wide-eyed to Jared.

 

“You haven’t even finished it,” Jared says with a bit of a whine and a put upon sigh, blowing back the bangs that insist on flopping constantly into his face and eyes.

 

Jensen simply nods and forces his eyes back to the document. By the time he’s finished the thirteen page story he’s breathing heavily and squirming at the discomfort between his legs. Then Jared’s hand drops on his thigh and he jumps and pulls back, pressing himself against the wall, and he’s relieved when Jared apparently gets the message NOT to shift closer.

 

Jared looks at Jensen, his eyes passing over Jensen’s crotch, taking note of the bulge. Obviously something has the guy turned on, but he’s pressed against the wall looking like a cornered animal. Maybe Jared’s moved a little too fast, granted, after seeing the picture of Jensen, and then seeing Jensen, and how prickly and haughty the guy actually is, it’s more of a challenge than he originally thought, and he’s finding that it’s really starting to turn him on.

 

Jared decides to back off before Jensen starts freaking on him. So for his next move he reaches into his left back pocket, where he stashed Jensen’s wallet and pulls it out. Jensen’s eyes widen as Jared opens it and starts fingering through the photos in the sleeve.

 

Jared sees a picture of a young girl, eyes bright and smiling, with Jensen’s nose and mouth, and soft brown eyes, a sister. He flips and sees a picture of a man that looks a lot like Jensen only with darker hair and thinner lips, his arms around a petite, curvy blonde with a doe eyed, blonde baby boy in her arms, all smiling for the camera. He continues to flip through the pictures nonchalantly until he comes to the last picture in the wallet.

 

It’s Jensen with his chin resting on the shoulder of a pretty smiling girl with auburn hair and soft brown eyes. Jensen’s arms are around her, his hands cupped over a slightly bulging abdomen. Jared’s eyes widen and he looks up at Jensen in surprise as Jensen finally gets his wits about him and snatches the wallet out of his hand. Jensen’s got a girlfriend, a possibly pregnant girlfriend, or maybe the kid’s already here. He’s so fucked. He turns to look out of the window of Mike’s café, to look at his car. Damn, he should have known Sandy had an angle.

 

“What the hell is your deal?” Jensen growls at him, and Jared shifts his gaze back to the obviously angry man.

 

“What do you mean? You’re the one living in a dorm with a girl and kid back home. What’s your deal?” Jared counters.

 

Jensen pulls back like Jared’s just hit him and Jared cocks his head, notices the hurt swimming in Jensen’s eyes, and for some strange reason he feels a little concerned, and he never feels concern. Feeling things like that is beneath him.

 

“You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.”

 

“What’s with the pregnant chick then?” Jared challenges, and he doesn’t see the fist coming out of nowhere as he’s knocked out of the booth and onto his ass, then Jensen is scrabbling out of the booth and racing for the door.

 

Jared gets to his feet, ignores the stares he’s getting from the café’s patrons, waves off a concerned Mike and hauls ass out the door, after Jensen. After all he’s got a damn bet to salvage and things just got interesting.

 

It doesn’t take long for Jared to catch up with Jensen, his long legs eating up the pavement, and he puts a hand on Jensen’s shoulder, then pulls back to avoid a second punch. Jensen glares at him and then snarls, “What? You just think you can buy people or own them because you’re so fucking rich? What was that back there? Trying to fuck with my head? Think you can buy me like some whore? And touching me, going through my wallet, what right do you have?”

 

Jared takes a step back at Jensen’s anger and guilt hits him like a blow to the gut. He’s not use to feeling guilt, but there’s so much raw heat and pain in Jensen’s eyes. He can’t help himself.

 

“Keep your money and your fancy fucking coffee. Leave me the hell alone,” Jensen snaps and then turns around, heading back toward the campus and ultimately the dorms.

 

Jared stares after the man in surprise and brings a hand to his mouth, finding a split lip. He turns around, his emotions whirling inside of him. He heads back to the café. Mike is waiting by his car with his laptop.

 

Mike cocks his head at him and says, “So, what the hell was that about? And what’s really goin’ on, Jay? I know you. You don’t slum.”

 

“Fucking Sandy, all right? We made a bet, and if I don’t fuck that guy within the next couple of weeks I lose my car,” Jared grounds out.

 

Mike shakes his head. “That’s Tommy’s new roommate. He’s not too sociable from what I’ve heard, Jay. Looks like you might be fucked on this one. What were you supposed to get if you won, anyway?”

 

Jared snorts. “What I’ve wanted since the day that bitch moved into my house.”

 

“Fucking Sandy is worth all this?” Mike says with a shake of his head. “You semi-straight people, I swear. I never do get you.”

 

“Yeah and it’s not like Tommy Boy’s gonna be marching in any Rainbow Pride parades anytime soon. He still sneaking around to come see you?”

 

“Word gets out that he’s sucking cock and his career is over and bye-bye scholarship. You know that, Jared,” Mike points out.

 

“Just so long as you remember, you ain’t got no room to talk.”

 

----------

 

Jensen is breathless when he gets back to his dorm room. It takes him a minute to work the key into the lock and then he’s slamming the door behind him, his back pressed against it, as his chest heaves. The nerve of that fucking rich asshole! He tosses his wallet and keys on his desk and shakily makes his way to his bed. He flops down on it, his head leaning slightly over the edge of the small bed, and he catches sight of the photograph of Lacey.

 

He reaches down and picks it up, a small sob escaping him as he squeezes his eyes shut against the pain of his best friend shoving him against the wall and telling him it’s over, to get out, because he’s back to lay claim to his life, his family. He remembers the weight of Adam against him as he’d held him against the wall, fueled by anger. Then Adam had felt his obvious arousal and disgust added to the fire of his anger.

 

Jensen’s whole body trembles. His parents blame Danneel, but she saw what they didn’t, and took comfort where she found it. Jensen doesn’t blame her. She’s not really to blame. He’s the one that was torn between his girlfriend and what he felt for his best friend.

 

He groans as he places his glasses and the picture of the baby on his nightstand and rolls onto his back. He stares up at the ceiling, drags an arm across his eyes, and slowly his other hand drifts down to his pants. His breath hitches as he works open the button and zipper and slips his hand around his steadily growing erection, pulling it free.

 

He runs his thumb over the crown, spreading the pre-come already oozing out, and he lets his head roll back, the moan vibrating in his throat. He slowly begins to pump his hand up and down along the shaft, his thumb grazing the head of his cock every now and then, and his hips buck up into his hand as images flow through his mind and he imagines being wrapped in tight, blistering warmth, searing kisses, a filthy mouth whispering husky, dirty promises of things to come. And then the man’s head turns and he freezes as his traitorous body comes, shuddering is bittersweet release, the image of Jared’s cocky smirk laughing at him in his mind.

 

He sits up, breathing heavily, covered in his sticky release, and reaches wildly for his glasses. He’s startled at the sound of a knock on his door. He scrambles out of bed, cursing, as he snatches his shirt off, wiping at most of the sticky mess. He drops the shirt to the floor, puts himself away, does up he jeans and yanks the door open, expecting to see anyone but Jared Padalecki standing there.

 

Jensen’s eyes narrow and darken as he glares up at the rich kid, and he’s itching to start throwing punches and just not stop, but Jared makes a move before he’s given the chance, and he’s thrown by the feel of those lips bruised, and split and burning against his. He wonders if he’s dreaming again, but as his eyes slip open there’s Jared pulling back, licking his lips, and wincing at the sting of his split bottom lip.

 

Jensen runs his own tongue across his mouth and can taste Jared and the metallic bite of blood. He takes in a breath to collect himself and then says, “I thought I told you to leave me the hell alone.”

 

Jared shrugs. “Call me stubborn, but I’m not going anywhere,” Jared replies, and he’s filling up the doorway and leaning in dangerously toward Jensen. Jensen takes a step back to clear his head, and Jared takes it as an invitation and closes the door behind him, flicking the lock.

 

He lifts his nose and takes a few sniffs of the room, a chuckle escaping him as he lowers his gaze to Jensen and then to Jensen’s bare chest, appreciating the view.

 

“So what were you up to before I showed up again?” Jared asks, his tone playful.

 

Jensen sighs and continues to back up until the back of his knees collide with his bed and he ends up falling back on it. A moment later he’s sitting up with Jared straddling his lap. His breath comes up short and Jared bends down, his teeth grazing Jensen’s throat and Jensen shoves him back, but Jared still manages to stay in Jensen’s lap.

 

“What’s wrong with wanting me? A little experimentation in college never hurt anybody. Who would ever know? You’re fucking hot, I’m fucking hot, and you want me. That’s enough in my book,” Jared purrs against his ear, and then Jared’s tongue flickers out against the delicate shell and earlobe and Jensen trembles beneath him and Jared breathes, “I’ll even let you fuck me. That doesn’t happen too often.”

 

Jensen’s brain and body are on short circuit and overload, but still he can’t do this. He doesn’t do casual. He’s not that kind of person. He shoves Jared off of him, and Jared lands in a heap on the floor, his hand colliding with Jensen’s very sticky shirt.

 

Jared gingerly brings his now sticky hand to his mouth and licks his fingers, a moan escaping him as he says huskily, “Taste so good, Jensen. Makes me want more of you. Why you fighting this so hard? I felt how hard you were for me back at the café.”

 

Jensen swallows thickly, squeezing his eyes shut, and then his legs are being roughly spread and Jared’s hands are working the button and zipper, but Jensen reaches down and grabs those very eager hands.

 

“Not that I don’t appreciate the offer, but this…” Jensen sighs and shakes his head. “This isn’t my kind of thing. I’m not gonna be some casual fuck for some pretty boy, rich kid asshole who won’t even remember my name tomorrow. So just fucking stop already.”

 

Jared rears back, not really sure of what’s just happened then he gets to his feet and begins to pace the tiny dorm room, shaking his head and every now and then glancing over at a very debauched looking Jensen. Finally he stops and just stares down at Jensen in awe.

 

“You’re out of your fucking mind,” he says, then spins around, unlocks the door, and storms out.

 

----------

 

Jared’s head is spinning as he pulls his car in the drive of his home. He gets out in a daze, walks up the steps, and shudders when Sandy drapes her petite frame across him, a smirk on her face as she feigns concern and draws a fingertip down the split in his lip.

 

“Awww, did he get a little rough? Want me to kiss it and make it better or should I just go outside and check out my new set of wheels?” she says with a purring lilt in her voice.

 

“Fuck off!” he growls at her, and pushes her away.

 

She pulls back, her eyes narrowing cattily. “My, my, only just met him and he’s already getting to you? Jay, remember, you’re working on a time frame here. Two weeks, and then the car is officially mine, but who knows, maybe I’ll suck you off in the backseat once, that’s if you’re a good boy.”

 

Jared’s eyes burn in his anger as he glares down at her and then he backs her up against the wall, a hand on either side of her head as he looms over her and snaps, “Did you know he had a kid? Is that why you fucking chose him? Saw him and his pretty girlfriend and the fucking stroller?”

 

She snorts and her laugh fills the room as she trembles with her mirth. “A kid and girlfriend? Are you sure? I mean, I thought he’d be more your type after he turned me down. Wow, I guess I really know how to pick ‘em, and I’m guessing he did all of that to you. Wanna get this over with and just hand over the keys?” she asks in amusement.

 

“Fuck you, I’ve still got two weeks. I’ll figure something out. This just makes things a little more challenging. You know me, I’m always up for a challenge. I just have to rethink a few things,” Jared says, his calm slowly returning.

 

She cocks her head. “Better think fast. Two weeks can fly by. Tick tock. Tick tock.”

 

Jared glares at her and retreats to the comfort of his bedroom, careful to lock the door behind him, so he can have some peace and quiet to think up a new strategy, after all his car and reputation are on the line.