Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2008-03-22
Completed:
2010-09-08
Words:
93,349
Chapters:
23/23
Comments:
2
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
12
Hits:
1,480

Reaching for Happiness

Summary:

Jensen is Jared's younger stepbrother. When Jensen was 7, his mother remarried to Thomas Padalecki, the head of the rich and famous Padalecki family.
Their closeness as child changed after they grew older and Jared found out his feelings toward Jensen. Not wanting to ruin the family, Jared chose to keep his love for Jensen inside and avoid him like crazy instead.
While Jensen was struggling to bear his own misery, he too realized his feelings for Jared, but didn't act on it because he assumed Jared hated him.
After 3 years of escaping from the family, hearing Thomas' death, Jensen decided to come back. Only to face Jared's hatred towards him.

All Jensen wants is a happiness and love with Jared by his side. Can he reach it eventually?

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: I'm not good at making summary, so please just read. :D

This story is beta-ed by the awesome persephone_c.

 

 

Rating will go up as the story goes, but only up to R...XD

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text


Author's notes: This chapter is PG-13. Will go up as the story goes...^__^


Chapter 1

 

 

Jensen knows there is something not right about today. There have been a series of unfortunate events since he woke up with his shirt drenched in sweat after having a nightmare about a thing in his past he desperately tries to forget. He was so disoriented by his dream that he burnt his omelet which means no breakfast for him today since that was the last egg he had. When he went to take a shower, his shower decided it was time to take a break and refused to spill even a single drop of water. So, he must use Mike’s shower instead.

 

Mike and Tom are his best friends who live right next door. Initially they were cramped in the same small apartment where Mike and Tom live now. But because of the fact that Mike and Tom is a couple and on many occasions they can’t hold their desire towards each other regardless of the time and place, Jensen decided to move out into the apartment next door after saving some money, in order to give them their privacy. Of course it was also because it was getting increasingly difficult to keep acting as though he was sleeping while the other two engaged in their… nightly… activities.

 

So now here he is, wondering what else can go wrong today while perusing through yesterday’s newspaper that he had grabbed from another tenant’s garbage this morning, scanning for another job vacancy besides the one he has in the bar. He will need it if he wants to fill his refrigerator with some decent food. And a second later, he finds it. The peak of his misery. It is written in a tiny font, the whole passage informing the reader about a Thomas Padalecki’s death. Apparently, the day of death was a week ago. Jensen stares at the article for a very long time, trying to find his breath. The past hit him with full force when he read the name of the dead person and it left him in a state of shock.

 

No, it can’t be him. But the address is the same. It is that house’s address. It is the same Padalecki. Holy shit.

 

--00o00—

 

Mike Rosenbaum loves these moments the most. It’s when his lover Tom is asleep, snuggled in his arms. He looks so innocent and vulnerable, lying next to him as if he trusts Mike completely to protect him from any kind of harm. At moments like these, Mike will stay still, unmoving, trying to memorize every line, contour and shadow of the piece of beauty that lay below him in the form of his lover. Tom looks so angelic when he is asleep, although if Mike looks closely enough, those lips were quite certainly a devilish creation. So red and so full, and Tom often pouts in his sleep, like he is now, probably dreaming about Mike pulling another prank on him. Mike gulps hard, trying to repress a sudden urge to ravish Tom right there and then.

 

Tom will be annoyed, for sure, although Mike is confident that he can persuade Tom to get into it.

 

So when he hears the sound of loud knocking on his door, he feels really pissed. He mutters several threats of grave bodily harm to the person daring to disturb his morning bliss, all the while carefully slipping off Tom and getting off the bed, walking to the door to open it. Tom mumbles a little at the sudden loss of warmth, but to Mike’s relief, returns again into his peaceful pouting sleep.

 

“What is it?!” Mike growls after the door opens but then he recognizes who standing in front of him instantly and changes his tone.

 

“Jensen? I thought you’re up to work? What are you doing here, buddy?” Mike says in a softer tone. All annoyance drained from him at the sight of his best buddy, replaced with a slightly surprised look.

 

Jensen doesn’t answer directly. Those green eyes seem confused for a while, but then Jensen looks up to Mike. “I…, I think I must come back to that house, Mike.”

 

Mike tries to digest the meaning of Jensen’s short, rather random announcement, and when it gets to him, he frowns. “Dude, have you been drinking or something? Suddenly talking about going back to that house…, you said it yourself that you’ll start a new life and will never look back?”

 

Jensen nods gloomily. “I know. But… something happened. Shit! I know it sounds crazy but I have to go back, Mike, no matter what.”

 

“What? What happened? I mean, c’mon, what is it, really, that matters enough to make you go through that hell again?” There’s concern in Mike’s voice and Jensen notices it.

 

Jensen swallows hard; fidgeting for a while before finally says it.

 

“My stepfather… Thomas.” Jensen winces at the sight of Mike’s face becoming dark at the mention of his stepfather. Inhaling a deep breath, Jensen spills the news, “Thomas, he…, he died a week ago.”

 

Mike’s mouth slowly curves into a wild grin at that piece of news. “Hallelujah.”

 

TBC