Actions

Work Header

We will never be brothers

Summary:

Dean and Sam are not brothers but when their parents fall in love they are forced together, they try to fight the attraction to eachother, read to find out what happens when they can no longer deny their feelings. pologies if at times i say Jared instead of Sam no clue why but it kept coming out as Jared not Sam

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Chapter 1: I don't need a family

Chapter Text

Dean scowled pulling at the tie that was too tight and hating how hot it was, he watched as his dad paced up and down looking nervous not at all like the cool composed sheriff that Dean was used to seeing. Dean raised an eyebrow as John Winchester checked his reflection for the hundredth time and smiled at him, "now promise you will be nice to her son and be polite." John looked so happy and expectant that Dean just weakly nodded.

 

He hated this, for the longest time it had been just him and his father, his dad used to be a private investigator and the two of them had lived on the road up until Deans twelfth birthday, at which point his dad had become the small towns sheriff. At first Dean had hated living in one place but it was still just him and his dad and for the first time he was able to fit in at a school and even join the basketball team. He didn't have close friends but the guys on the team were ok and Chris became a decent friend, plus girls loved him.. His life wasn't perfect but it was pretty damn good, or it had been until his dad met Mary.

 

He hadn't noticed at first, his dad had dated over the years but this time things were different and it took him a while to realise that his dad was acting like a love sick teenager, Dean had been unprepared for the jealousy he felt knowing his dad suddenly had to share his time out. His dad suddenly had less time to watch the games on TV and hang out talking about recent cases and John testing Dean to see if he could figure the cases out. He missed that time with his dad and resented Mary a little for taking him away, but he didn't Say anything, his dad was happy and he wasn't that selfish to ruin that. He had met Mary a few times briefly and she was pretty and smelled like flowers and she had been really nice to him. But he was almost 17 and really did not need a mother figure after not having one for so long, besides sweet Mary had a son and that was what really irked Dean.

 

He had not met Sam yet, tonight would be the first time and Dean realised how serious it must be for them to want to introduce them to each other, he used to want nothing more than a family of his own. He wanted a mum and a baby brother that he could take care of, he would have been the best big brother and made sure he taught his baby brother everything. That used to be all he wanted but now he was older and that fantasy seemed less likely and less appealing, he wasn't a kid that could just love a new mum and new brother. They were all grown up and too stuck in their ways to be a family, he didn't care that he was being sulky and a baby but he didn't want a mum anymore and he most definitely did NOT want a baby brother.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Sam nervously tapped his long fingers on his knee glancing at his mum from under his mop of hair, she looked radiant this evening and Sam smiled at how happy she had been just lately. Things hadn't been easy for his mum and he worried about her a lot, he had started taking care of her since he was little, his dad had been a drunk since he could remember and beat his mum regularly. It had taken a long time for her to gather the courage to leave but she had and now it was obvious that she was falling in love again, Sam wanted to feel complete happiness for her but he was scared. He had never met John or his son Dean and he knew nothing about them, it had been just his mum for the longest time and now he was meeting his potential new dad and big brother.

 

He had always wanted a big brother, he used to imagine what it would be like to have a big brother to protect him and help him protect his mum. The big brother in his head always teased him but always helped him and kept him and their mum safe. He had wanted that just as much as he wanted a dad that was kind, one that didn't drink and hit out all the time but it had never happened. He had grown up and he was 16 now no longer the 10 year old boy having to help his mum sneak out the house after a beating, he had grown up and was finally big enough to protect his mum on his own, he didn't need a big brother anymore.

 

He felt his nerves go into hyper drive as his mum parked the car, he was scared that this John would be like his dad that his mum had fallen for the same kind of guy again, he was scared that they would hate him like his own father did. He knew his dad was a drunk but some part of him believed the words his dad had said to him constantly for years, that he was a nobody and that no one could love him, if his own dad hated him how could someone else?

 

Sam never dealt well with social situations, he had learned long ago to be quiet and cautious around his dad, his dads emotional and physical beating taught him he never had anything worth hearing anyway. It had effected his ability to make friends at school he had never had a close friend, had never even had girlfriend or boyfriend, another thing his dad had been right about, he was abnormal, he liked guys wasn't even sure he liked girls that way. He sometimes wondered if that was what his dad saw when he looked at him, was that why there was such hatred in his cold eyes.

 

"Ready honey?" his mums voice cut through his thoughts and he smiled getting out and following her to the small but nice home, his hands became clammy as she knocked and he waited to meet the two new guys in his life hoping they liked him.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Dean would have laughed at how quick his dad ran to the door if it wasn't so sad, he slowly followed hearing Mary greeting her dad and a warm gently voice saying a simple "nice to meet you sir."

 

Dean walked into the hallway slowly deciding not to rush in before he could assess the situation, he felt his heart race a little faster as he took in the sight before him. The tallest guy stood in his hallway a mop of shaggy hair and deep soulful eyes that looked haunted. Dean knew he was staring but could not tear his gaze from the sight, this was not good, Dean seriously could not be attracted to this guy, besides he liked girls.

 

"Dean, this is my son Sam, Sam i want you to meet Dean, he is a charming young man."

 

Dean watched as Sam kissable lips turned into a nervous smile his teeth biting his bottom lip as he held out his hand, unsure of himself. Dean felt disgusted with himself as the thought "adorable" flashed through his mind. This was not good, sure he could not claim to be straight he had checked out enough guys but he had made a choice, he wanted to only ever date girls. Besides this guy could potentially be his brother and it was all too close to home for him, setting his features to a slight scowl he briefly clasped the outstretched hand, "good to meet you," he knew his voice sounded cold and saw the surprise in the guys eyes.

 

It took Sam a moment to respond and when he did he stumbled over his words, his nerves getting the better of him, "y..y...y...y...you too." Dean smirked as Sam flushed scarlet, telling himself firmly that he was not in anyway adorable at all just a complete geek.

 

"Dean, why don't you take their coats upstairs," he heard the warning in his dads voice, taking Mary's coats he rolled his eyes as Sam fumbled to get his off quick meaning he just got tangled up even more. Dean knew his dad wanted him to be nice but that would be bad news all round so he would be nice for show but no way was he letting this idiot think he liked him. He waited until Mary and john were out of ear shot and sneered as he took his coat.

 

" Jesus, you always such a moron ," he watched the flush deepen, for a moment he wanted to take that back to apologise especially when the guy mumbled, "sorry," he felt guilty, it was obvious the guy was completely socially backwards. He couldn't understand how a guy that looked like Sam could have no self confidence, deciding to throw the guy a bone he patted Sam shoulder as he passed him, "no worries, think we're both a little freaked out."

 

"Yeah, you could say that" Sam gave a small laugh.

 

Dean inwardly cursed at himself as he went to hang the coats up, he had felt the broad firm shoulder under his hand and then Sam had smiled and he wanted to grin back, wanted to become this guys friend and much much more. Shaking his head an imagining his principle naked ad pole dancing he felt his erection fade away, this was not good at all, he wouldn't let puppy eyes convince him otherwise he needed some distance from this Sam.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Sam sat down nervously tapping his fingers again, he wanted to be far away from here, he had just made a complete ass of himself in front of John and Dean. He hadn't missed the warning tone in Johns voice, which was just great, John thought he was pathetic and needed protecting and Dean was only going to be somewhat civil because his dad said so. He couldn't believe his luck, why did the guy have to look so damn good, he had tried hard not to stare at the guy but it was impossible not to notice Dean was gorgeous.

 

He could still feel the blush on his cheeks and replayed the gorgeous guys words over in his head, "are you always such a moron?" yeah he was, he was always stuttering like a freak or messing up. Still it was obvious to him that this Dean may be good looking but he was an ass, one that Sam had no intentions in getting to know, putting up walls had become easy for him and Dean was just another person he would shut out, for his mums sake.