Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2007-12-27
Completed:
2007-12-29
Words:
12,260
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
283

Lifesaver

Summary:

Jared is the sexy lifeguard, Jensen can't swim. Our boys hit the beach, total AU. Angst, Romance, near-death experience, drunken behavior and plain old boyishness ensue. OneShot that had to be seperated due to length.

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Chapter 1: Lifesaver

Chapter Text

TITLE: Lifesaver

 

RATING: NC-17

 

SUMMARY: Based on a challenge I saw, sounded like -shock- a challenge! "A first time, J2 AU fic based on 1)Lifesaver!Jared, 2)DrowningVictim!Jensen, 3)CPR, 4)top/possessive!Jared and bottom/submissive!Jensen. Hee! Just run with these few prompts- anything goes as long as Jared is a qualified, dedicated Lifesaver on the beach and he is the one to save a helpless, drowning Jensen.

 

-----

 

"Because I burn, you asshole," Jensen sniped as he squirted sunblock into his hand and began to coat his arms and face. His best friend, and biggest annoyance, snorted, "Shut up, Kane. I'm here, aren't I?"

 

"Yeah, you come here every time you know *he*'s going to be here."

 

Jensen felt his cheeks flush at the insinuation, but couldn't even pretend to deny it, "Are you kidding me? If you were gay, or a chick, you know you'd be just as turned on by him as I am."

 

Christian rolled his eyes, but nodded begrudgingly all the same. The man in question was the lifeguard on the bit of beach he frequented. He had shaggy brown hair that just barely hung in his eyes, eyes that were a hypnotic green when he was happy and a piercing hazel when he wasn't. Sadly, Jensen couldn't see his eyes. He was too far away and Mystery Man was wearing sun glasses. Like always.

 

He wasn't, however, too far away to see his sculpted chest glisten with a slick sheen of sweat, or his arm muscles ripple as he sat back, large hands that gripped the arm rests, the way his strong legs ended in huge feet that were almost always bare.

 

Jensen shivered just thinking about touching that golden skin... He shook himself out of his daze when he realized M. M.'s gaze lingered on him a moment too long before crossing back out at the ocean.

 

"What was that?" Christian asked, noting his friends shakes.

 

"N... Nothing, I... Nothing." Jensen stuttered, feeling a little hot around the collar. Christian's head swung around, "What, did he acknowledge you, or something?"

 

Jensen snorted and rolled his eyes, trying not to look back and see if maybe he hadn't imagined it, "Yeah, that'll be the day."

 

Christian shrugged and leaned back on his elbows, looking at random chicks prancing by in their bikini's. Jensen sighed and looked back in time to see that annoying guy with the blond hair relieve M. M. from his seat.

 

His smile was wide and contagious as he spoke to his co-worker, even with the distance Jensen felt a grin pulling at his cheeks. Jensen watched that perfect red covered ass as M. M. bent to pick up his shoes and a book. Jensen cocked his head to the side and studied the bits of cover he could see, and his jaw dropped. He knew that cover, he owned that book, loved that book.

 

He glanced over at Christian and then tossed his fear to the wind, standing up and following M. M. to the board walk.

 

The beautiful life guard walked into an ice cream shop and Jensen followed happily, glad he had a bit of cash on him. He was a few patrons behind Mystery Man, and was slightly disappointed he couldn't hear what he was getting.

 

As hard as Jensen tried not too, he couldn't help but look up as *he* walked by. The taller man smiled, pulling the straw of his drink between his lips and winked a gorgeous green eye at him, sun glasses pushing his hair off his face.

 

Jensen stood there jaw dropped until the kid behind him kicked him in the leg and he moved up to the register.

 

The girl looked relieved, "Jensen, right?" Jensen nodded, confused as hell. "Oh, good. Your friend left this for you."

 

"My... Friend?"

 

"The lifeguard?"

 

Jensen picked his jaw up quickly and nodded, "Right, sure. How much do I owe you?"

 

She looked at him funny, "He paid for it...?"

 

"Right, duh; I forgot who's turn it was." He tried to cover up, but then just kinda grabbed it and walked away without a word.

 

He was back on his towel next to Christian before the situation even began to process.

 

"Where'd you go?" Christian looked at him, "What the hell is that?"

 

Jensen looked at the sweating glass he had clasped in his hand. He took a sip. "It's a mocha milkshake."

 

"You bought a damn milkshake and didn't bring me one?"

 

Jensen looked at him, "I didn't buy it."

 

"What, you ripped if off a kid on the boardwalk?"

 

"No... He bought it for me."

 

"Who? You don't mean the pretty boy you're obsessed with?" Christian laughed, obviously not expecting the affirmative response he received. "Holy shit... What's his name?"

 

"I..." Jensen looked down at his guilty pleasure -bought by his bigger guilty pleasure- slowly melting in his hand. "I have no idea."

 

-----

 

Jensen walked across the hot sand, ignoring the pounds he was sure was accumulating in his shoes. He looked around, Mystery Man's shoes, book, and towel were on the shelf under the seat, but that annoying blond guy was staring him down, "Can I help you?"

 

Jensen shook his head and laid his own book on the shelf. "No, I was just wondering... What's his name?"

 

"Yeah, 'cause I'm gonna tell you."

 

Jensen rolled his eyes and grabbed the book and walked away. Luckily, that dumb ass didn't realize that he had switched his with the Mystery Man's.

 

The copy he now held in his hand was dog eared and a bit ragged, while the copy he left was signed by the author.

 

'Unconditional' was one of Jensen's favorite books, the only book above that was the first book Aleck Jesenns' published. You could see how the author had grown and how the style had evolved in the few books that followed, word was the next book was underway and the best yet. Jensen wasn't so sure, but he knew he'd love it.

 

Jensen saw the god of a life guard exiting the same ice cream shop as yesterday, and was pleased to see his eyes for a moment. Today, his hair was hidden under a faded and beaten up ball cap, but his eyes... He could see those eyes. Jensen kept walking, not noticing that he was being watched as he walked away.

 

-----

 

Jared sighed, that guy was a pain in the ass. Could he really not take a hint? A guy doesn't buy you a drink to be ignored. He doesn't go through the trouble of learning your name to get not even a glance in return.

 

He sighed again, Jensen was the one who had started this. Showing up almost every day that he worked, watching his, studying him.

 

At first, Jared wasn't interested; sure, the guy was gorgeous, but he was shy as hell. Jared was not shy, not at all. And when he was in a relationship with someone...

 

Not that he wanted a relationship or anything.

 

He growled at his own train of thought and walked back to his post. Chad had taken his seat up when it was his break.

 

"Hey, pretty boy asked about you."

 

Jared squinted up at Chad, waiting until he was standing on the sand next to him and asked, "What did he say?"

 

"He wanted to know your name."

 

Jared's lip curled in a half-smile, "What did you tell him?"

 

Chad snorted, "What do you think I told him? I didn't."

 

Jared shook his head, "You are such a dumb ass, Murray."

 

Chad flashed a toothpaste white grin, "You love me."

 

Jared grabbed his book, and swung himself into the seat. "Yeah, yeah; move along. You're distracting me."

 

Chad rolled his eyes, "I'll be back around five to take you home?"

 

"Sure," Jared nodded, scanning the beach. The water was cold and choppy as hell today. There were literally all of three people in there. He opened his book to where he left off and frowned.

 

This wasn't his book.

 

He flipped to the inside of the front cover and saw the signature. His jaw dropped. Holy shit! He had a signed copy of one of his favorite fucking author's book. He looked at the back cover, there was a post-it on it.

 

Across it was scrawled five simple words, 'Thought you might like this.' Jared shook his head, Jensen was one crazy mother...

 

He opened the book again and cocked his head to the side, scanning the beach before looking more closely at the novel in his hands. In the margin were notes.

 

Jared smirked, but it slowly faded, turning into shock. The margin notes were...

 

'WISH THEY HADN'T MADE ME ADD THIS... SHOULDN'T HAVE CUT THE KISS HERE... HE WOULD NEVER SAY THAT...'

 

This was the author's fucking copy! Jared's jaw dropped. He looked blankly out at the ocean, book held loosely in his hands. Maybe Jensen could take a hint after all...but damn, didn't he take it a bit far?

 

Jared looked down at it and bit his lip, he had no idea what the fuck to do now.

 

-----

 

Jensen sighed, climbing out of Christian's ride.

 

"Come on, man. You haven't shut up about him for weeks, months, you finally make a move with some book (Jensen rolled his eyes, "some book"...) and then don't come to the beach for a week and a half. What the hell is that?"

 

Jensen walked to the trunk and grabbed the towels, "I don't know if he wants the book, man; I mean, what if I took his teasing as more than what it was? What if I want more than he does?"

 

"If he doesn't know that you are not, and have never, been into quick meaningless fucks, then why even bother?" Jensen shrugged, Christian did have a point after all. Then again making sense and your heart rarely went hand in hand.

 

They crossed the beach to their normal post, with a clear view of the life guard for Jensen, and a clear view of the "bikini babes" for Christian.

 

Christian tried as hard as he could, but he was fascinated by the way Jensen was acting. He made a move on the guy he was relatively certain would be a great love of his life, if not *the* love of his life... And he refused to look at him.

 

Christian punched Jensen in the arm, "What was that for, asshole?"

 

"Come on, we're going in."

 

"What?" Jensen looked slightly horrified, eyes wide and jaw dropped.

 

Christian rolled his eyes, "Into the water, you idiot."

 

Jensen shook his head, "Or we could not. I mean, I don't even go in when it's calm. You really think I'm gonna go in when the waves are crashing like that?"

 

Christian shrugged, "If you don't, I'm going to go talk to that life guard guy and tell him all about the time in school when you-"

 

"Shut up," Jensen looked around to see if anyone was in hearing distance, "Fine... Let's go."

 

He peeled off his shirt and kicked off his shoes walking a few steps ahead of a laughing Christian Kane, shaking his head the whole way.

 

-----

 

Jared watched as Jensen walked towards the water. He smirked a little, this was the first day he was going in the water? He scanned the choppy surf, he and his friend would be the only ones in there. Freakin' idiots.

 

-----

 

Jensen's whole body shook as he stepped into the surf. "Dammit, Christian!"

 

Christian just laughed and struggled in the waist deep water, struggled to look like he wasn't struggling.

 

Jensen choked as he stood back up, having been pulled under. Salt water burned in his eyes and lungs. He coughed and Christian turned around and said something, but Jensen had been swept further out when he was pulled under the first time. He looked over his shoulder to see the next wave about to crash over him...

 

-----

 

Jared's gaze narrowed as he watched Jensen go down again. He was back up after a minute, but was too busy coughing to see the next wave about to crash over him.

 

Jared jumped off his seat and ran towards the water...

 

-----

 

Jensen gagged as he was sucked under again, his face scrapped the sand and he couldn't breathe. His body took over, pulling in water as it begged for oxygen.

 

He flailed until his head slammed into the hard sand...

 

-----

 

Jensen was down there for way too long! Jared went into the waist high water and dove under the surf so he could find the man that would die if he didn't get him out, and quick...

 

-----

 

Jensen's eyes seared as they opened under the water, but they closed again as he sucked in more water, just before they closed he could swear he felt strong arms wrap around him...

 

-----

 

Jared scooped the limp body into his arms and fought his way back to shore. He knew his heart beat was faster than was safe, but he was worried more about Jensen's.

 

After an eternity of ocean, Jared laid Jensen on the sand and felt his pulse. Faint and irregular, but it was there.

 

He moved into the correct CPR position. He threw all of his concentration into what he was doing, he couldn't think of Jensen as a man if he was going to save him, he had to think of him as a test, a faker, so he wouldn't freak out.

 

After what felt like forever, Jensen coughed up a ton of water and squinted up at him...

 

-----

 

"Am I dead?" Jensen asked scratchily between coughs. The sun behind the man's head made him glow like he had a halo. Then he moved... It was "Mystery Man...?" Jensen coughed, looking at him.

 

"Jared, my... My name is Jared," he said, and Jensen felt the words wrap around him like a hug.

 

"Jared..." Jensen smiled, clinging to the name as darkness closed in once more.

 

-----

 

Jared's head flopped down on his chest as Jensen passed out again. "Thank god," he breathed, and looked up as he heard clapping. The people on the beach had circled around them as Jared carried Jensen back to shore.

 

"Move! Get out of my way!" Chad separated the crowd with the beach buggy. He leapt off and crouched next to Jared. "How is he?"

 

"I got him breathing again, but he passed out after. I don't think he has a concussion, but he should go to the hospital to make sure he doesn't."

 

"Alright, help me scoop him on the the back?"

 

"Nah, I'll do it." Jared carefully slid his arms under Jensen's shoulders and legs, his head flopped onto his shoulder and he carried him to the buggy and laid him carefully in the back.

 

"Okay, so I'll run him up and then-"

 

"No," Jared interrupted, "I'll take him. Cover my seat."

 

"Ja-"

 

"Cover. My. Seat," Jared growled quietly so no one would hear but Chad.

 

The blond tossed his hands into the air in surrender, "Okay. I'll take it."

 

Jared nodded once and climbed into the dune buggy, quickly driving through the parted crowd to the boardwalk where an ambulance should be waiting.

 

There was.

 

Jared lifted Jensen out of the back before the EMS paramedic could. "Alright, we'll take it from here."

 

Jared shook his head, "I'm off duty and I'm riding with him."

 

The EMS looked at him and then said, "Fine, get him on the stretcher and get in if you're coming."

 

Jared carefully laid Jensen on the table, and gripped a limp hand in his as the siren sounded and they started to the hospital.

 

-----

 

Jensen lifted his heavy lids and all there was was light... He flinched and screwed his eyes shut again.

 

"...There was no concussion, he merely passed out due to the trauma his body endured. He should wake up at any minute, but we're going to keep him over night to make sure he doesn't go into shock."

 

"Thank you, doctor." Jensen forced his eyes back open and looked toward the door. There was no one there, but he knew that Mystery... A grin lit his scratched cheeks.

 

Mystery "God-Like Life Guard" Man had a name. Jared. His name was Jared.

 

He closed his eyes and sighed, Jared...

 

"You're awake." Jensen opened his eyes and squinted at the visitor. "You know, you didn't need to try and drink an ocean to get my lips on yours." Jensen's mouth opened slightly, Jared laid a long finger under his chin and closed it. "There are safer ways to get my attention. Maybe giving me the author's copy of a book." Jared sat down on the small bed next to Jensen, "Of course you kinda screwed that up by not talking to me after you gave it to me." Jensen groaned as Jared slid off the bed and sank into the seat by Jensen's bed.

 

"Jared, I..." Jensen's voice was scratchy.

 

"Shh..." Jared said, giving a small single shake of his head. "You need sleep, you did almost die trying to get into my pants after all."

 

"I didn't-"

 

"You did, now hush, boy; before I have to whip you into submission."

 

Jensen couldn't fight the blush that crept up on him, and knew he got even more red as he heard Jared laugh.

 

-----

 

When Jensen next opened his eyes it was dark, the only light in the room coming from the open door. He looked down and was surprised and pleased to see Jared was still there.

 

He was wearing a heather gray hoodie that he had obviously bought in the hospital gift shop and a pair of cheap flip flops that he likely got in the same place. His red swim suit was dry now, but Jensen could easily picture it soaking wet and clinging to his long hard thighs and-

 

George Bush in a thong.

 

Jensen fought the urge to vomit. But at least he didn't have an erection anymore.

 

Of course, he wasn't sure he'd ever have one again.

 

He shook his head a little and Jared shifted, slowly waking up.

 

"Hey," he murmured, stretching like a cat.

 

Jensen cocked his head to the side, apparently the guy was a sweet-heart when he just woke up. Jared was normally a cocky bastard... But when he cared, he really cared.

 

Jensen knew, he watched him long enough.

 

He rolled his eyes. He sounded like a freaking stalker.

 

"You okay? I mean, really okay?" Jared asked, pulling the chair closer to Jensen's bed.

 

"Yeah, I feel alright, and I'm kinda pissed my face is so raw, but I'll live."

 

"Eh, it looks like road rash. Tell 'em you got knocked off your motorcycle and they'll swoon."

 

"I... I got knocked off my motorcycle?"

 

Jared's eyes flashed, but then twinkled in amusement, "You asking me, or telling me?"

 

Jensen watched as Jared sat back. "I got knocked off my motorcycle," Jensen said clearly, making sure it came out as a statement this time.

 

"I do declare," Jared whispered, trumping up his southern accent, and leaned across the bed. Jensen's breath hitched and he looked into Jared's eyes as they moved until they were only an inch away. His eyes closed and he felt Jared's lips whisper across his own. He lifted his head in an effort to actually push their lips together, but Jared pulled back and Jensen's eyes flashed open.

 

"Why did you give me that book?" Jensen shivered as he felt Jared's words against his skin just as much as he heard them.

 

"What?" Jensen whispered back.

 

"Why. Did you. Give me. That book?" Jared whispered again, face completely blank.

 

"I thought you'd like it." Jensen said, his face showing his surprise.

 

Jared stood up, "That's it?"

 

Jensen pushed himself up on his elbows, "Well, yeah... What else was it supposed to be?"

 

Jared looked at him and shrugged. "That's the best gift I've even gotten. Only one thing would have been better."

 

"What's that?" Jared looked at him, but Jensen really was curious. "And if you say me, I'm going to laugh you out of this room."

 

"And why would you do that?"

 

Jensen shivered at how husky Jared's voice had gotten, "Because I'm sure there isn't a much more laughable pick up line. And you should know by now..." Jensen pulled in a deep breath, and barely whispered the next phrase, "...you don't need a pick up line to get me."

 

Jared cocked his head to the side, "Why would you say that?"

 

"Because it's true...?"

 

"But who says that? Even if it is true; *especially* when it's true."

 

Jensen shrugged, "No reason to lie."

 

"You don't even know me," he laughed mirthlessly. "You called me 'Mystery Man' for ages."

 

"I don't know you, but I'd like too, and besides- What?"

 

Jared looked at him, "What what?"

 

"I called you... How do you know that?"

 

"I have my ways, Mr. Ackles."

 

Jensen studied him, "You knew my name."

 

"Yes."

 

"My full name."

 

"Yes."

 

"Why?"

 

"What?"

 

"Why do you know my name?"

 

"Because I like to know my stalkers."

 

"I didn't stalk you," Jensen flushed.

 

Jared snorted, "I know for a fact you only came to the beach when I was working, and I can guess that it wasn't for the water if you're almost drowning says anything."

 

Jensen pulled in a sharp breath, "So, what, you knew I had a crush on you and you what... Learned things about me to seduce me as a joke?"

 

Jared raised an amused brow, "What would be funny about that?"

 

"I don't know!" Jensen erupted, talking a deep breath and then started over, lowering his voice once more. "I don't know, but you seem to have an interest in me and then you throw mine in my face."

 

Jared looked at him and was surprised by the hurt Jensen wasn't even trying to hide on his face. He sighed and gritted his teeth before saying, "The author's copy of 'Broken'."

 

"What?"

 

"That's my perfect gift."

 

"Oh. ... Yeah, you're never gonna get that."

 

"Never thought I'd get 'Unconditional' either."

 

Jensen snorted, "Yeah, but 'Unconditional' is one thing. 'Broken' is Aleck's first novel. It's loved way too much to ever pass from the author's hands."

 

"Yeah, I figured but... Do you know Aleck?"

 

"Do I what now?"

 

"Holy crap, you do! You know Aleck Jesenns!" Jared sat down hard, showing all his true emotion for the first time -possibly ever- in his presence. "How did that happen?"

 

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Jensen said, and snuggled back down into the bed. He struggled against a yawn. "Sorry."

 

Jared smiled, "Don't be. Long day."

 

"For both of us," Jensen murmured, his eyes shutting. His little burst of emotion had really drained him, he was such a pussy.

 

"You are not, you almost died today; you're allowed to be a little tired." Jensen started, he hadn't realized he'd said that out loud until Jared had spoken.

 

Jensen opened his mouth but Jared shook his head, his voice soft, "Sleep."

 

Jensen looked at him a moment longer and then closed his eyes, sinking into the pillow. He smiled as he felt Jared's long fingered hand wrap around his own...

 

-----

 

Jared was awake first the next morning, he arched his back, cracking it loudly.

 

He smiled softly as he looked across at Jensen. There was a hint of drool running down his chin. He gave a soft chuckle and wiped it up with a tissue. It was then, with a crumpled drooled on tissue in his hand, that he realized something rare, something people never thought would happen, happened...

 

Jared sat back hard in his chair and just watched Jensen sleep, watched him breathe. He remembered the way his heart stopped when he saw the fear on Jensen's face when he saw that another wave was gonna send him into a dish washer at the bottom. He remembered the way his heart started again when he realized Jensen was still alive, that he still had a damn heart beat. He remembered the way his butterflies got butterflies when Jensen had said his name for the first time. He remembered the fear he felt when Jensen disappeared behind those plain white swinging hospital doors. He remembered heaving a sigh of relief when they told him Jensen was fine. He remembered the way he felt like he was glowing when he saw Jensen was awake, and more over happy as hell to see him. He remembered the perverse joy he got when he told the doctors that he and Jensen were life partners so that he could spend the night. He remembered the way he let his guard down and opened up to Jensen, just to get that kicked puppy look off his face. He remembered how perfect it felt to wrap his hand around Jensen's as he went to sleep.

 

Fuck.

 

He, Jared Padalecki, was in love.