Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2007-07-24
Completed:
2007-08-10
Words:
16,409
Chapters:
8/8
Kudos:
3
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
298

I Can Hear You

Summary:

Dean wakes up and has the ability to hear other peoples thoughts...is it a gift, or a curse?

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: Author's Notes:
Rated NC-17...because of the coming sex!
All lines between * * represent a person's thoughts.

~*~

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Dean woke up face down on the bed. His head was pounding, his body ached.

 

*What is he doing to himself?* Sam's voice rang out.

 

"Quiet Sammy, my head feels like it's gonna explode."

 

"I didn't say anything DEAN!" Sam said a little forcefully, and probably a little louder than necessary.

 

"Whatever dude, just keep it down, alright. I have a hangover to kill all hangovers."

 

*That's a surprise.*

 

"You have a beef with me or something? I mean what's with the snotty comments, huh Sammy?"

 

"I.Didn't.Say.Anything.Dean."

 

Dean just sighed and rolled out of bed and made his way to the bathroom.

 

*You better not use all the hot water you jerk,* Sam's snide voice broke the silence. Dean turned and glared at Sam.

 

"What?" Sam asked innocently.

 

"You might be able to play innocent with other people, but that shit don't fly with me, bitch."

 

"Dean, have you lost your mind or something? What's with the hostility?" Dean only shook his head and walked into the bathroom, slamming the door.

 

He flipped on the shower, as hot as he could stand it. He figured that if Sam was going to be a smart ass about the water...then by God, he was gonna make sure he had a reason to be a smart ass.

 

Dean exited the bathroom close to thirty minutes later. Towel slung low on his hips, his back and chest still dripping with water.

 

*Oh God, he's beautiful.* Sam sighed.

 

"What?" Dean asked turning to look at Sam.

 

"What, what?"

 

"What did you just say?"

 

"Dean, I think that we might want to take you to the ER or something. I mean if you're hearing things when nobody is talking, that's not a very good sign."

 

Dean just glared at him a moment, then shrugged. He pulled the towel off, neither were modest after spending most of their lives in a no-name one room motel in some podunk town.

 

*Oh Christ... look at....fuck!* Sam moaned, then slamming his book closed and walking past Dean and into the bathroom.

 

"Dude, I think you're the one that needs to go to the Doctor!" he called out through the door. Dean shook his head...and then pounded on the door.."Hey - I'm gonna get food, what do you want?"

 

"Whatever Dean...you know what I like," Sam called through the locked door.

 

~X~X~

 

Dean entered the diner, and as he walked up to the counter - he heard a girl behind him make a meow sound, followed by *Nice ass*.

 

Dean turned, "Excuse me?" he asked her. The girl looked a little embarassed by him speaking to her, but she only shrugged and replied "I didn't say anything."

 

"Oh, my mistake," Dean frowned and turned back toward the counter. He distinctly heard her say *mmm mmm MMM, look at that ass!* Dean once again turned around to look at the girl, but her nose was buried in a menu.

 

"Can I help you?" a fifty-something waitess asked Dean.

 

He smiled his gorgeous all american boyish smile..."I'd like a menu sweetheart."

 

*Oh boy, another one that has a little good looks going for him, so he thinks he can sweet talk and charm himself to anyone...* the waitress sighed. But this time, Dean saw that she didn't move her lips. He took two steps back, horrified. He bumped the table behind him, knocking over a ladies orange juice. "Oh...sorry!," he told her turning around seeing the mess that he'd made.

 

"That's alright, not a big deal," the woman smiled sweetly at him. Dean turned around to grab some napkins off the bar.. *You stupid little prick, this was a new suit...now I have to go home and change before I can go to work, all because you can't look where you're going!*

 

Dean's head snapped around and looked at the woman, who took the napkins from his hand and sweetly smiled and said "Thank you," followed by *idiot*...even though her lips clearly DID NOT move when he heard "idiot".

 

Dean turned and ran out of the diner...past many passers by. He frantically needed to get back to Sam. Sam would know what to do, Sam would be able to help him.

 

~

 

Dean burst through the door, scaring the hell out of Sam who had jumped off of the bed, obviously having just got out of the shower as his hair was wet. "Dean, what's wrong?" Sam asked him. *Did some woman refuse to give you her number?* clearly followed, and Sam had not moved his lips after "wrong".

 

"Oh God...it's happening when I'm with you too!!!" Dean gasped, running into the bathroom and slammimg the door.

 

Sam walked over to it and knocked. "Dean, you're scaring me, open the door."

 

"Go away Sam!! Just leave me alone!!!"

 

"Dean, come on - open the door!" Sam pounded, "please?" When Dean didn't answer him, Sam took two steps back and lunged his foot forward and kicked the door in. Dean was sitting on the floor his back against the tub, his knees drawn up with his arm wrapped around his legs. Sam kneeled in front of him and extended his hand out slipping around the back of his brothers head. "What's wrong Dean? I can't help if you don't tell me what's going on," Sam's comforting voice soothed. Dean lifted his head, his eyes wet with unshead tears.

 

*Oh God, baby.*

 

"Baby?" Dean looked at Sam incrediously.

 

Sam raised his eyebrows, "What you'd say?"

 

Dean only shook his head, "Nothing, Sammy. I'm fine."

 

"No you're not Dean. Something has freaked you out. I've never seen you like this in all my life. Now tell me what's wrong, please?" Sam's voice was pained, concern etched on his face. Dean was thinking that being able to listen to people's thoughts might just be a plus.

 

*Why don't he trust me?*

 

"Look Sammy, I'm ok. Really...you don't need to worry about me."

 

"Of course I do, you're my brother. I love you Dean, if you're hurting or scared about something, I want you to tell me."

 

Dean smiled, "I know you love me Sam, I - uh...me too. But I'm alright, ok?"

 

Sam sighed and shook his head, stood and walked away, sitting at the table and booted up his laptop. *Throw up the walls Dean, as always*.

 

Dean looked down. He didn't like the fact that Sam felt like Dean didn't trust him, because Dean did...he trusted him with his life. But Dean didn't want Sam to ever view him as weak. He was Sam's older brother, his protector. He could not be viewed as weak.

 

Dean stood and walked over to Sam and leaned down behind him, "You find anything yet?" Sam closed his eyes, *God, what's wrong with me?* "No, I haven't found anything," he groaned shutting his laptop. "Maybe we should just go talk to the kid that found the body. She might have remembered something that she failed to tell the police."

 

"K, let's roll."

 

~X~X~

 

Sam was fidgiting in the seat beside Dean, staring out the window. *What am I gonna do? I have to tell him. I can't take it anymore. He deserves to know the truth. Oh God, if he leaves - or makes me leave...*

 

"What 'cha thinkin about Sammy? You've been awfully quiet."

 

"Hmm? Oh, uhh nothing important."

 

Dean himself started to think...think about how unfair it was to listen to Sam's private thoughts. How it could potentially ruin the trust that they had between one another. "Um, Sammy - I have to tell you something," Dean told him pulling the car off of the side of the road. "And I don't want you to get upset with me, ok?"

 

Sam turned sideways in the seat, his brow wrinkled. "What is it?"

 

"When I woke up this morning, I could...I heard what you were thinking. That's why I thought you were talking to me."

 

Sam laughed."Dean, don't fuck around with me..."

 

"I'm not, I heard you say "what is he doing to himself" and "you better not use all the hot water you jerk" and then some weirdness... you were - you sounded like you were checking me out."

 

Sam was stunned, he was simply too stunned to speak. *Oh God...* Sam swallowed. "I'll go if you want me to Dean."

 

"GO? Go where Sammy?"

 

"I'll leave if my feelings make you uncomfortable."

 

"No Sam, I don't want you to lea..." and that's when it hit him. Sam WAS checking him out. His heart lurched. Could Sam possibly feel the same way about him that he felt about Sam? Could it be true? Dean almost hated to hope, hated the fact that he could possibly spill all and then that soooo not be what Sam was talking about.

 

*Oh God...I want to die, he's freaking out. He's gonna leave me*.

 

"No, Sam. I'm not gonna leave you. I - uh, I think that the job can wait. We need to talk."

 

*Talk, great. He thinks I'm a freak. I am a freak, I'm in love with my..*

 

Dean leaned across the seat, and got right into Sam's face....and smiled. He leaned closer, stopping only inches away from Sam's lips. Sam swallowed, his breath hitched. Dean's hand slid up the side of Sam's baby soft smooth skin. Dean's hand slid behind his head and fisted in his hair. Dean pulled Sam's head back, hard - yanking him by his hair. He inched closer, their lips were barely touching when Dean snaked his tougue out and swiped across Sam's lower lip. Sam moaned, his hand coming quickly up and to the back of Dean's head pulling him to his lips. Sam's tongue imediately passed into Dean's mouth, his lips sliding, sucking and tasting him. Dean straddled Sam's lap as Sam pushed his jacket off of his shoulders, allowing it to fall to the floor at his feet.Sam's hands settled on Dean's ass.

 

Dean kissed Sam passionately, Sam's hand gripping his ass pulling him closer to his body. Sam's hands slid up the back of Dean's shirt, his nails dragging across his back. Dean was moaning into Sam's mouth as his passion built. Dean's hips started rocking, his imprisoned erection dragging against Sam's own.

 

Dean pulled back from the kiss, "No," he said breathlessly, his hands pressed against Sam's chest. Sam leaned forward, trying to capture Dean's mouth again. "I said no Sam," Dean said perhaps to forcefully.

 

"Oh, God Dean...I'm sorry - I didn't mean to force myself on yo.."

 

Dean's finger came up to Sam's lips. "No no no no, baby...I just don't want to, I don't want our first time to be in the car. When I make love to you - it's gonna be someplace nice," Dean smiled.

 

"Then let's go someplace nice," Sam grinned. "Like now!"

 

TBC....