Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2007-06-30
Completed:
2007-07-09
Words:
11,997
Chapters:
18/18
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
285

Kida's Cowboy!Verse.

Summary:

I honestly couldn't think of a better title. This fic is whole heartedly dedicated to the AWESOME author SassyKitten who I love and adore! She treats us with fic after marvelous fic and I wanted to give her something back. I asked her what she’d like me to write about and this is what she said: “I don't mind if the fic you write is AU or not I'm just happy that someone wants to write one for me. I guess if it were to be an AU it would be fun to have Jensen as a shy cowboy who lives alone and pretty out of the way and likes to keep himself to himself, and then Jared comes to stay in his spare room for some reason during the summer and helps out with the ranch that Jensen owns, I'd like to see that :)”

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Author's notes: So Darling, this ones for you! I had to add an Uncle in. See if Jensen was shy and I was to keep him in character…there’d hardly be any dialogue. And Jensen would be too shy to offer him a job. I thought a loud embarrassing Uncle would just stir things up nicely :P

Ooh Chad is gonna be the cousin (yes I stole your idea...it's just I cant think of anyone else I wanna throw crap unless I make up a character . Tom and Mike, I just love those guys way too much. Besides, I'm not a CMM fan, but I do reckon he’d look pretty damn fine in a tank and jeans slogging it on a farm) who makes it pretty obvious he wants Jared.
I just rate it R from the start. that way if I get a little saucy...I'm not in the bad books lol.

please please PLEASE give me feedback guys.

I don't care how nice or nasty it is. I just like to know everyone's opinions and feel free to suggest things.

critical criticism = love to me. (yes...I am sad and twisted)

Chapter 1: Jared, out on his own

Chapter Text


Author's notes: Jared left home when he told his father that he doesn’t want to be a lawyer any more. That…and he way Gay.


Jared left home when he told his father that he doesn’t want to be a lawyer any more. That…and he way Gay. Surprisingly he felt as though the lawyer thing shocked and outraged his Dad a whole heap more.

 

He met Jensen in the market square…well over heard Jensen’s loud Uncle Henry selling some farm products to one of the stores and asked him if he needed an extra hand around the ranch. “Oh come on Mary Sue, you and I BOTH know those are the freshest tomatoes for miles. Just feel how firm they are!”

 

Jensen thought he was about to die of embarrassment, hiding behind his Uncle’s shorter frame. Well that just didn’t work now did it? “Excuse me…I’m guessing you guys are from the local ranch?” Jensen turned around in surprise and yep…he was sure of it, he DID die of embarrassment and he must of gone to heaven because a corny as it was, there was a man so gorgeous standing in front of him he MUST be a wingless angel.

 

“Sure are, and we produce the best, biggest and freshest everything!” Uncle Henry practically bellowed proudly, “What can I do you for? Tomatoes? Patatoes? We got fresh creamy cheese and milk in the van.”

 

“Got any jobs in the van?” Jared laughed, he liked the man already, “ I’m not gonna give you my sob story, but I could really use anything you got going? I’m a hard worker and don’t mind the long hours.”

 

Jensen’s Uncle didn’t really need an extra hand but could see by the kid’s worn and tired eyes the kid needed it and made him a deal.

 

“I don’t have that much to spare, kid. It would be bad pay. But I can offer you a place to stay and you could earn your keep.”

 

“I don’t care about the money.” Jared replied abruptly, “I just want to work on a ranch, have a roof over my head and not be starving to death. So honestly, that sounds perfect!”

 

“It’s a deal then. I’m Henry and this here’s Jensen” Henry offered his hand and Jared shook it, “I’m Jared. Pleased to meet you Henry”

 

He then held out his hand for Jensen to shake. Somehow the man had gone from behind Henry on Jared’s side, to behind Henry on the other side. The man seemed very shy and eyed Jared’s hand before gently squeezing it but not really shaking. ‘Soft hands’ Jared was surprised that a farmer’s hands could be that soft.

 

His grandpa’s hands were always rough when he’d hoisted Jared up onto his lap or raised him up onto his favorite horse Toby as a small boy. He would often tell his grandpa “Ouch, Grandpa! Your hands feel like splinters!” And his grandpa would laugh, knowing it didn’t really hurt the kid that much, and tell him it was because he worked on a farm and you needed rough hands.

 

“Alright then, we’re almost done here with Mary Sue. Jensen, take Jared here to the truck and help him with his stuff. Jensen noticed for the first time that the boy had a pack bag and duffel and even though he wasn’t struggling, Jensen took the duffel and Jared smiled, “thanks” he said simply. Jensen nodded. He tried to say ‘you’re welcome’ and smile back, but his mouth was dry and he couldn’t really talk.