Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Sinful Desire
Stats:
Published:
2007-04-04
Completed:
2008-10-25
Words:
8,188
Chapters:
5/5
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
151

Tables Turned

Summary:

Reply to a challenge on http://samdean.archive.nu/, and I chose it 'cause I wanted to write Possesive!Sam, but it kinda took off in its own right...

I no longer have control of the situation, but I'm lovin' how it's goin'!

Off hiatus due to my lovely new beta. More to come soon!

Notes:

Note from the Sinful Desire archivists: this story was originally archived at Sinful-Desire.org. To preserve the archive, we began importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in November 2016. We e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact us using the e-mail address on Sinful Desire collection profile.

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

“Sammy?” Dean hissed, wishing that there was someway to get his brother’s attention in the dark warehouse. His head jerked up at a muffled sound coming from the office on the far wall.

 

He looked around for Sam, but had to just creep foreword –hoping for the best- as he rose to face his destiny.

 

They had finally tracked down the yellow-eyed demon (Or more than likely it had summoned them, but Dean refused to entertain that notion for too long).

 

Where the fuck is Sam? Dean’s mind screamed just before he kicked the door in.

 

“Sammy?” he couldn’t help but question, his gun faltering for a moment as he registered the sight of his brother –his baby brother- standing just beside yellow eyes left hand. He was laughing, they were both laughing. Dean forced a cocky smirk on to his face, leveling his gun once again, “What? Everyone knows I love a good joke.”

 

His yellow eyes flashed, “We were just talking about death, Dean. Your death.”

 

Sam turned! FOR REAL! Before Dean’s epiphany registered he’d been knocked unconscious by a swift whack on the back of his neck by the butt of Sam’s gun.

^-_-^

Dean’s head was screaming as he pulled his eyelids apart. Sam was kneeling over him, sobbing “Come on, Dean! You can’t leave me now!”

 

“Sammy?” he barely managed to croak before the darkness closed in once again.

^-_-^

The voices were quiet and foggy, as if everyone but him was at the other end of a long dark tunnel.

 

“Will he be okay?” Dean hated Sam sounding like that, his voice choked with tears.

 

“There’s no way to tell yet,” a serious but emotionally devoid man answered, “These first twenty four hours are the most critical; if he doesn’t wake up now, it’s likely he never will. If you’ll excuse me…?”

 

“Of course,” Dean could almost hear Sam jump out of his seat to walk the doctor out –always was a polite SOB.

 

After the door swung shut, he could hear Sam sink into a seat next to the bed. “God, Dean…” he heard Sam whimper, it was muffled as if his younger brother had buried his head in his hands. “I didn’t mean for this… I just knew you’d give me away; realize I hadn’t turned… I’m so sorry, oh, god…”

 

After a long while Sam’s breathing evened out; it wasn’t that he’d fallen asleep; he’d just cried himself out -for the time being.

 

“If you ever hit me in the head like that again, I’m really gonna have to kick your ass, Sammy.”

 

“DEAN!” Sam leapt out of his seat, sending it shooting back into the wall, “Ohmigod! You’re awake!”

 

“Certainly appears that way,” Dean agreed with his patented smart-assed smirk.

 

“Doctor! I have to get a doctor!” Dean shook his head –grimaced at the pain- as Sam bolted from the room.

 

He ran his hand along the bed and pressed the ‘summon-a-sexy-nurse’ button. And boy, did it deliver!

 

“Mr. Watson! You’re awake, that’s a pleasant surprise!”

 

Dean squinted at the leggy brunette as she walked over to him, he knew her somehow…

 

This realization sent a jolt thru him, “Gwen?

 

She laughed and shook her head, “Don’t go by that name anymore.” Then for the first time since she’d walked in she looked at him, really looked at him, “Oh, my god… Dean?”

 

He flashed her a smile, “How’re you?”

 

She shook her head, “I should be asking you that same question; you’re the one strung up in a bed.”

 

“Well …” he trailed off, waiting for her to fill in the blank. “Oh, right; I’m Rachael,” she said and flashed him her nametag.

 

“Rachael,” he mused, “I like that, much better that Gwen.” She laughed delicately. “Speaking of which… What happened to stripper Gwen? What made you become a nurse?”

 

He smile slipped off, “Oh, wow… I thought I’d have time to prepare…” Dean frowned at her back as she took a few steps away, “I, uh… I re-enrolled in nursing school when I got pregnant.

 

“Wow! Congrats, who’s the lucky father?”

 

She swallowed thickly and nibbled on her bottom lip, “I’m talking to him.”

^-_-^

Sam was frozen in his tracks, there was no way he’d heard her right… Was there? He leaned against the wall just outside the door to listen.

 

“WHAT?” Dean cried incredulously.

 

“Oh, god, I’m so sorry, I never thought you’d find out this way…”

 

“But… But we were safe, I used a… Well, you know, you were there!”

 

“Honey, you don’t have to be a nurse to know that that’s not 100%...”

 

“I… I have a child?” Sam assumed that the woman nodded because Dean continued talking after a long dazed minute, “Wow… D’you have any pictures?”

 

“In my purse… Want me to get them?”

 

“Won’t you get into trouble for socializing on shift?”

 

She giggled, “I think they’d pull a few strings for me.”

 

“How old is-“ He interrupted himself, “Boy or girl?”

 

“A boy… You have a little boy, Dean; he’s about 15 months.” Sam counted back, and shook his head; apparently Dean had picked up a chick instead of watching pay-per-view when he’d left Sam and Madison to their own devices.

 

“What’s his name?” Dean’s voice was choked with emotion.

 

“Jaden Michael.”

 

Instead of the flinch Sam was expecting (Jaden? Really?) Dean spoke again, his voice filled with awe. “Jaden Winchester.”

 

“Winchester? I thought…?”

 

“I guess neither of us knows the other as well as we thought,” Dean teased, and she laughed it off but then got serious.

 

“Jaden Connors, Dean,” she corrected.

 

Dean’s smile was evident in his voice, “Winchester’s just a matter time now, Sweetheart. No way I’m leaving.” Sam swore he heard something shatter; it took him a moment to realize that it was his heart.